9. Figuring out eachother

Sean's pov:

He woke up to more moving around, just barely getting to sleep after that amazingly boring ride in the ship.

He stretched out, still comfortable from the bean bag they let him sleep on.

After finally waking up he saw the guard beside one of the 8 meter tall aliens, not from the ones before, this one was a bit bigger, mostly from the sides, though this one wasn't showing its fangs at least, plus, it was sitting down.

He was uneasy, but then relaxed at the guard's presence, taking a moment to inspect the tall one.

He saw the fur, a bit long and reddish, though still brown, covered up by a jumsuit, like the one he saw at the spaceship, black and blue, though much bigger of course, he noticed the tail, curled up against its legs, it was very long about 4-5 meters.

He decided that, though he was glad the 2 creatures seemed peaceful for now, he still wanted to sleep, with the ride at the ship being so bad for whatever reason.

He thought of how to cover himself from the light and saw the cage, and, thanks to the low gravity he would probably be able to pick it up.

He walked over, pushed it up with his leg and took it to the corner, almost having dropped it from a gasp from one of the aliens.

He put the cage in the corner, put the bed inside and tried just laid down, hearing the quick chattering from the 2 aliens.

He noticed something weird, the tall aliens spoke in very low, sometimes guttural noises, while the guard spoke with in a very high pitch, at some points so high he couldn't hear it, though it wasn't annoying.

He found more differences in how they talked and thought about them, mostly rationalizing that it could be 2 different languages, since they were different species.

He thought about it and decided that if that was the case, he should try learning the tall guy's language, since at least he could maybe pronounce some things, and he wasn't going to become an opera singer for the guard.

The 2 came back into the room, still talking, but now, the guard was carrying what looked like dumbells, he heard them talking to eachother, so Sean tried focusing on the tall one, but the low pitch made it hard to hear sometimes.

He watched as the guard grabbed a small dumbell and started clicking at Sean, trying to get his attention.

Sean looked at him and the guard started doing dumbell curls with the weight, confirming their purpose.

Then the guard passed the weight to Sean, who easily lifted it to the 2 aliens happiness, they repeated the process with progressively bigger weights, to a tired Sean's dismay.

He eventually failed at lifting one of the weight, though this was mostly from lifting all the other ones, and the aliens stopped passing him stuff, talking to each other more.

Sean sat down tired and focused on hearing the conversation, he heard the tall one repeating a word often at the start of his sentences.

Sean repeated it, thinking it could be a name, saying "Retue", not very well, but good enough for the 2 aliens to immediately look down at him wide eyed.

They stared at him for a moment before the guard started patting at the tall one and talking quickly at him, almost chirping at times.

This mostly confirmed that it was a name, so he repeated it again and saw that the tall guy, now called Retue looked more focused on him, so, he started trying to gesture that he was able to speak and learn the language.

The aliens stopped paying much attention to him, as they kept talking and looking to eachother, Retue reached over, which startled Sean.

He jumped back and hit the wall, due to the low gravity, he was fine though, but even then, both Retue and the guard left.

He was left alone for a while, and with this time he decided to just go inside the cage to finally sleep, but before that he tried thinking of what to call the guard.

Before he could figure out a name he slowly drifted off and fell asleep.