chapter 30

Their blissful days in the safe house were over.  Much to the relieve of the brothers who had been starved of their mates and suffocated with PDA from their sister'. Back to office transition was not a smooth one for Roxanne. 

"what the fuck is wrong with these people?" her voice rang out in the empty office, Zerithia and Loman who were about to knock on her door cringed back. It was a sound proof door. 

Zerithia bit her lips but knocked once before peeking inside. 

"Is it okay if I come in?" she softly coaxed

 "yes yes I am sorry for the temper tantrum. Loman had to brief me by... now. Come in." Rings went through the silver strands with practised ease taking the fluffed up shape due to the repetitiveness of the motion. 

"Hi baby sis" Loman smiled his charming smile opening his arms wide for a hug 

Roxanne got up to trudge towards him and slump into him, with him supporting her like he always does. 

He stroked her head in an attempt to relax her which worked obviously, she crumpled basically letting him carry her back into her chair. 

"Now, I'll be quick about this" and he was pretty quick about the whole debrief with written notes for the important parts. 

"On a more...annoying end" Zerithia filled into the silence after Loman ended 

"The government wants to set up a meeting" she smiled sympathetically 

"who am I meeting?" Roxanne hated formal events and diplomatic ones simply topped the list 

"the Presidential cabinet" 

"Oh great, brilliant" sarcasm dripped like  honey from her tongue in response as she just about banged her head on her table 

Her head jerked up and with the speed of lightning she started typing on her desktop, Loman looked into it out of curiosity of the urgency. 

"smart, you're getting all the documents ready beforehand." 

She was, she had a hunch they needed her robots for the security detail of the President. If criminals can use their funds for this, the government sure would. 

"The rest of the stuff needs more cautious sale, they'll have to have a deal ready from if that is so. I mean the technologies pretty coveted. I think they'll want to buy over the copy rights of the makings of this robot but I need to make more edits to It so thats off the table. Now to diplomatically state that..." she looked up at zerithia who simply sighed but nodded. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hello Ms. Black" the Chief of staff greeted with a smile on his face 

"Just Roxanne please Mr. Xin." Roxanne gave her best mature adult smile 

"ah, Liu is fine then too Roxanne. Come on in, you are highly anticipated" he smiled in return opening the classic wooden door. 

The room had one big table left empty, 2 people were seated on the giant sofa not unlike the one in her own office discussing something in hushed tones. The immediately put on their business smiles when they saw her enter. Even stood up to shake her hand. 

She smiled politely at both the figures, guessing the man to be the Secretory of State and the brunette lady as The President. 

"Good afternoon Ms. Black. Please have a seat" The man said 

"Mr. Jackson, Roxanne is fine. Thank you for having me." she took a seat on the one seater right across the President. 

"So, you might have an inkling as to why we're meeting to you here?" The president smiled with her ruby lips, a little intimidating but Roxanne couldn't care less.