Chapter 5: Strange Orchid

Lin An calmly said, "You just need to change to a larger pot and plant another rose of the same kind."

"Why?"

"Well, you see, plants and flowers actually have their own thoughts. Have you heard of the 'Catfish Effect'? It's like this single flower doesn't have any competitors for nutrients, so it grows freely. But if you plant two together, they'll compete for nutrients, and they might grow better."

Not sure if this improvised explanation would convince the boss.

"Young man, do you think I'm a fool?"

Clearly, the boss didn't believe it, and he might even want to beat him up.

Lin An decisively shook his head, indicating that he had just read it from some unknown book and was only offering a small suggestion.

Lin An didn't dwell on this little incident at the flower market. After a casual stroll among ordinary flowers, he realized that exotic plants wouldn't likely be found there.

So, Lin An bought some dry food and headed to the outskirts. Near the outskirts was a small forest nestled against the mountains.

On the way, Lin An communicated with various plants. He chose the most convenient and least dangerous route and walked for quite a while until he reached the deep part of the forest.

There are indeed many precious trees, but Lin An wouldn't dare touch them. He was certain that if he did, he would instantly trend and receive an additional silver bracelet as a bonus.

Silver bracelets - handcuffs or some form of punishment

The search was fruitless. Lin An was about to return the way he came. A fleeting shadow passed by his side, capturing Lin An's full attention. As a result, he tripped over a tree root and tumbled down a small slope with a loud crash.

Not again! It seemed there was no end to it, and now he was stuck with this slope.

Lin An "successfully" performed a somersault, and as he got up, he suddenly saw a peculiar orchid growing on the slope.

The leaf color was a lush and oily green, and its posture was elegant. Lin An didn't know the specific type of orchid, but simply looking at the plant made him find it exceptionally beautiful.

Lin An approached it cautiously and touched a leaf, feeling a surge of power flowing from his fingertips.

Visible to the naked eye, the orchid plant began to bloom with small white flowers.

Lin An was startled by this sudden change. He quickly released his hand, and the blossoming of the flowers immediately stopped.

Lin An placed his fingers back on the plant, and the flowers slowly started to unfurl their petals. This went on in a continuous cycle, and he found it thoroughly enjoyable.

Amazing! Lin An hadn't expected such benefits from transmigrating. He could actually stimulate the growth of plants. This skill was truly incredible!

But here comes the problem. If he dares to take this wild orchid back home, he will immediately receive a silver bracelet warning. Besides, he is a good, law-abiding citizen.

Although somewhat unwilling, encountering such mountainous exotic plants is already the greatest stroke of luck.

It's getting dark, and staying in the forest is unsafe. Lin An quickened his pace, reaching the road just as the sun sets in the west.

Lin An takes out his phone and sends a message to the group: I won't be able to make it back today. You'll need to handle dinner on your own. I apologize.