𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐

─── ・ 。゚♡: *

─── ・ 。゚♡: *.☽ .* :♡ ˚。・ ───

The loud beeping of my alarm awoke me the following morning, reminding me that my first day at Forks High School as one of the new kids was now upon me.

When my eyes slowly peered open, I noticed it was drizzling rain outside my glass bedroom window. It had been storming the entire night before, and only lightened up after midnight had passed, making it difficult to sleep at first since this climate was practically foreign to me, though I luckily dozed off eventually to the sound of the pouring rain.

I managed to pull myself out of my warm, comfy bed and leave my room to see if the bathroom was available for me to take a shower in. I assumed Bella was already awake when I noticed her bedroom door was left open, though I didn't see her when walking by leaving me to presume she was already downstairs eating breakfast.

Luckily, the bathroom was empty when I knocked. I grabbed a towel out of the small storage closet next to the bathroom door before going into the bathroom, locking the door behind me. I then hopped in the shower and rinsed my hair with shampoo and conditioner before washing my body off with my favorite lilac-scented body wash — a scent that always brought me comfort.

I dried myself off with the towel before wrapping it around my body. I looked outside the door to make sure the hallway was clear of Bella or Charlie before speed-walking back to my room, still fully wrapped in the towel. I went and pulled out my trusty blow-dryer from my duffel bag that I forgot to unpack the day prior and plugged it in to dry my hair before picking out any clothes to wear.

Once my hair was no longer wet, I went to my wooden dresser and pulled out a deep blue sweater, and my usual black jeans. I slid off the towel and got dressed, before grabbing my small makeup bag and heading back to the bathroom to apply enough to mask the visible tiredness that was present on my features — reminding me I needed to invest in a handy makeup mirror to use in my bedroom so I didn't have to resort to the shared bathroom to possibly be kicked out for anyone who needed to use it.

However, I was certain that Bella wouldn't need it for any makeup sessions, as she was against anything having to do with beauty products.

I applied a small amount of makeup — mainly only concealer, powder, eyeliner, and mascara — and observed my reflection in the mirror that lacked any sort of interest, before exiting the bathroom to go downstairs.

Bella was already dressed and in the small-sized kitchen, sitting at the old square-shaped table made of pinewood with a bowl of cereal placed in front of her. I went and got myself a bowl and the carton of milk from the fridge, grabbed the box that was still sitting on the table next to Bella, and poured a small portion to satisfy my morning appetite.

"Morning." I greeted Bella.

"Morning." She replied wearily.

"Are you feeling ready to face today?" I asked with a sarcastic grin.