FIFFTY-EIGHT.

"Could you hold me without any talking?
We could try to go back where we started."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

NADIA'S POV:

NADIA'S POV:

I wake up feeling foggy, confused and unsure of my surroundings. The only noise I can hear is the sounds of numerous machines beeping in the background, as if they are joining together to make some sort of harmony.

As soon as I woke up I had a nurse shoving a glass of water in my face telling me to drink and I did as best as I could but my whole body felt weird. My face was all tingly and my legs and feet were numb, making me believe for a solid five minutes that they had booked me in for the wrong surgery and cut my legs off.

The nurse asked how I was feeling and I was honest with her, saying every symptom I had and she reassured me that it's all normal effects of anaesthesia and should wear off in a couple of hours. I hope this nauseous feeling goes away as I am starving and I could eat a horse right now.

She asked who I had here to see me and I told her I wanted to see Corey so I am waiting for her to come back with him. It seems to have been quite a while since I requested him so I hope he hasn't gone home and left me here, although I would understand why he did it.

I'm about to spiral into an overthinking rampage when the nurse walks back into the recovery room and I am fully expecting her to be alone but she walks in with Corey following closely behind her with his hands behind his back.

"Corey." My smile grows as he walks to sit in the chair beside me.

"Hello sweetheart, how do you feel?" He asks me and I shrug my shoulders because I'm not sure. I am filled with pain drugs and still have anaesthesia in my system so I don't feel any pain so I am terrified for how I will feel when it all wears off. After I got my tonsils out and the anaesthesia wore off it was the most agonising feeling, I couldn't even swallow. My whole throat was burning and the only thing I could stomach eating was ice cream. I can't remember what having my appendix out felt like but I know once the anaesthesia wore off the recovery wasn't fun.

"Just fine, even better now you're here." I smile up at him and he makes a mock disgusted face before breaking out in laughter. I look towards the nurse as she checks over my observations and I don't miss the way her lips are slightly upturned at the sides.

"I think I prefer you when you're on anaesthesia," Corey smirks playfully. "Nurse, can we have some to take home with us?"

The nurse laughs lightly before replying, "You are surprisingly not the first person to ask me that."