6.

-
"How can you just let her walk off by herself?" James questioned, annoyed, and Ben scoffed.

"Me? I was the one who had to drag your ass here, or else you'll be back there spying on the others." Ben told him, glaring at him.

"Yeah, well..." James trailed off as his eyes widened when he saw Gretchen being put in a trunk unconscious.

"Hey! Leave her alone!" He shouted, running as fast as he could. Ben was right beside him, but the man got in the car and drove off.

Both boys chased after the car, but the car just kept getting further and further away.

"Fuck!" Ben cursed, panting, "dammit! Did you see the license plate!?" He questioned

James shook his head ,"No, but I saw who took her! It was Mr. Gilmore."

Ben's eyes were full of anger, "he lives close by to me."

"You really think he took her there?" James asked, shaking his head. "No, we have to go to the police."

"And what? Leave her with him!? God knows what he's going to do with her! I am not just gonna go and leave her!" Ben agrued

"We are not leaving her! We're just gonna need help! Do you seriously think we can take a grown man who probably committed murder, who probably killed my parents? We will both get killed, and then Gretchen will be alone." James said

Ben looked conflicted, "Okay, fuck, fine! Let's go!"

Both boys took off running towards the police station.

🥀

"Where is she?" Stu questioned, rushing over to Dewey.

"We don't know yet, but we will find her." Dewey told him , and stu took a deep breath, trying to calm himself down.

"What happened?" He questioned as calm as he could. He was pissed and worried.

He was pissed that someone had taken his sister. He was pissed that he wasn't there to protect her. He was worried about what would happen to her. He was worried that it would be the last time he would see his sister alive.

"It was Mr. Gilmore, he took her. We tried to stop him but he got away." Ben spoke up, clenching his fist in anger.

He looked second away from exploding in anger.

"We checked his house, but we didn't find anything." Dewey said

"But?" Tatum pushed, crossing her arms.

"Besides pictures of Gretchen, hair, clothes, jewelry." Dewey listed

"Her missing stuff," stu mumbled, his eyes widening in realization. "She..her stuff has been going missing for almost a month."

"God dammit! I should've realized sooner that something was wrong." Stu said, blaming himself.

It was his fault. He should've done something. Should've looked into it instead of just waving it off.

"Hey, this wasn't your fault, stu." Billy spoke up, his eyes full of anger just like Ben.

Stu looked at him, and a silent conversation passed through them.