Epilogue

Four years later, Alador was in the forest tending to the trees when he heard Mariah calling to him and immediately went home. When he appeared in front of his palace, his son ran into his arms, he was a little beautiful child with hair as white as his but with his mother’s eyes. He was turning four in the next nine months but he has not shown sign of any power, he has never even teleported and that fact alone made every god worry if he was going to be powerless. His eyes indicate that he would care for the forest but has not passed any test in school.
Alador had heard a lot of gods whispering that it was because Mariah was a human and they fear that was why her son had not developed any powers yet and now they were all afraid that their prince is going to be a god with no power. But despite the murmurings and whisperings, it didn’t make him love his son any less, what’s wrong in being a little late? So what if he doesn’t have a power of his own? He doesn’t mind giving his to him when he grows older and still without a power, he would just pass down his unto him. A lot of gods does that especially if they want their offspring to be twice as strong.
The sweet thing was that when he finally passes his power down to his son, every god that ever said bad about him would end up fearing him because his son would be a true god with all the element powers. The only thing that bothers him is the fact that Mariah was believing in the whisperings and also blaming herself for their son not having any powers, and even though he has always told her that it doesn’t matter, she still blames herself. Last year they have had a daughter and she was born with crystal blue eyes just like his mother, everyone already knows that she was going to be a sky god and she had proved her power by making it rain yesterday. That simple act had brought a smile on Mariah’s face who had been worried she would be powerless like her brother.
“Where is your mother?” he asked his son who had been named Aldriah, a name gotten from the combination Alador and Mariah.
“She is in the throne room,” he answered but a look on his face told Alador that he was hiding something.
“Did something happen?”
Aldriah said nothing and just looked away from him. Alador caressed his face and made him look at him, “tell me.”
“The forest gods at class today made fun of me for not having any power and in anger, I had set him on fire. The teacher wanted to me to apologize and I did not want to and when she was forcing me, I…I…”
“Go on,” Alador urged.
“I had caused a huge wind and brought myself home. Mother was surprised to see him and not long after, the teacher came home and told her everything. Then grandmother asked her to call you. Am I in punishment father?” he looked at his father fearfully and Alador surprised him by laughing out loud.
“For what? For being your father’s son?” he laughed, “I knew you were only just being late, turned out I was right.” He teleported to the throne room with his son and there he saw his mother beaming happily and Mariah who was carrying his little girl and also smiling.
On sensing his presence, they both turned to him and Azura said, “I think we are going to have another true god in our linage.”
“Indeed we are,” Alador smiled before turning to Mariah and saying in her thought, “I told you my love, nothing is wrong with any child that comes from both of us.”
Mariah smiled and replied in her thought to him, “it’s all thanks to you for being a loving father.”
“And you a loving mother and wife. I love you my Mariah.” He replied, a sweet smile playing on his lips, finally, he was able to fulfill her dream and nothing can make him happier. He was finally a happy man with his love by his side and a beautiful family, his joy knew no bound.
The End.

Thank you for reading. Love you so much ☺ 💗