Chapter 161: Let's Go, Before I Change My Mind

After a short rest, Zhang Yi took some stimulants from the alternate space and administered them to Xu Hao. In order to wake him up faster, he also splashed some ice water on his face.

After a bit of struggle, Xu Hao, exhausted, finally opened his eyes. "Hiss, so cold!"

Seeing Zhang Yi clearly, Xu Hao was momentarily stunned, then his face lit up with excitement. "Zhang Ge, did you... succeed?"

Looking around to find Wang Siming's figure, Xu Hao found nothing. Zhang Yi remained silent, only untying the ropes that bound him.

Unexpectedly, after a short nap, Xu Hao woke up to find that Zhang Yi had successfully taken over Wang Siming's luxurious sanctuary! The result of a comfortable victory brought joy to him.

However, he was very curious. Both of them had been exposed to the hypnotic gas trap, so why did Zhang Yi wake up so quickly? Moreover, it seemed he had already occupied the sanctuary.

"Zhang Ge, where's Wang Siming? How did you deal with him?" Xu Hao inquired curiously.

Zhang Yi calmly replied, "Did you forget? I am the urban war god, a master from the mountains, a mercenary returning from the battlefield. Dealing with someone like Wang Siming is hardly a challenge."

Xu Hao burst into laughter. "Haha! Brother, you're truly amazing. I didn't misjudge you. From now on, I'll follow you wholeheartedly! With you backing me up, I won't have to worry about survival anymore."

Zhang Yi lifted a heavy mountaineering bag from the sofa and placed it in front of Xu Hao. "These things are your rewards. Take a look!"

Eyes gleaming, Xu Hao chuckled and rubbed his hands. "Uh... how can I accept this?"

"No need to be polite; you deserve it," Zhang Yi said lightly.

Without further hesitation, Xu Hao, who hadn't eaten normal food for a long time, unzipped the bag in front of Zhang Yi.

"Whoosh!"

A plethora of food items unfolded before his eyes—biscuits, bread, chocolate bars, chicken legs, cream cakes, sliced cakes... The entire mountaineering bag was packed to the brim, weighing around thirty to forty kilograms!

Excitement painted Xu Hao's face, and he couldn't help but grin widely. "Zhang Ge, you're like a real brother to me! Whatever you need in the future, just say the word. I'll be at your service without hesitation."

Upon hearing these words, Zhang Yi finally revealed a hint of a smile on his face. "Oh? That's what you said! I didn't force you." He pointed outside with his chin. "Take these things and leave!"

Zhang Yi couldn't afford to keep Xu Hao around. However, his conscience didn't allow him to act ungratefully. Regardless of how much of a scoundrel Xu Hao might be, he had indeed helped a lot in this matter. Therefore, Zhang Yi decided to provide him with ample food and let him go out to seek his own path.

As Xu Hao tore open the packaging of a chicken leg, he heard these words and immediately froze. Time seemed to stand still, and he stared blankly at Zhang Yi, his body stiffened.

Zhang Yi calmly lowered his head, gazing at him with indifferent eyes, yet carrying an undeniable determination.

After a while, Xu Hao regained his composure. His heart was pounding wildly, and he even experienced a ringing in his ears, as if there were electric currents surging through them.

He couldn't accept this reality. He had successfully joined Zhang Yi's team, and he had helped him secure this luxurious and safe sanctuary. So why wouldn't Zhang Yi let him stay?

Tears welled up in Xu Hao's eyes as he looked at Zhang Yi. With a pleading gaze, he said, "Zhang Ge, what did you just say? I didn't hear clearly." He hoped it was just his imagination.

But soon, Zhang Yi spoke to him, word by word, "You can't stay here. Take the reward I gave you and leave!"

As Zhang Yi's words fell, two clear tears instantly rolled down Xu Hao's cheeks. Holding the mountaineering bag in front of him, he took two steps back excitedly, curling his body against the wall to feel a sense of security.

"You promised to let me stay! You promised me with your own words!"

Zhang Yi shook his head somewhat helplessly. "I did promise you. But I can deny it! We're all adults; we should understand that verbal agreements are the easiest to break. It's been like this in the past, let alone now."

Zhang Yi was acting shamelessly and slyly. To ensure his safety, he could disregard any moral principles. This behavior made Xu Hao cry even harder. Curled up like a helpless child, he shouted at Zhang Yi in frustration, "You can't treat me like this! You can't go back on your word!"

"I helped you so much. I don't want anything else from you. I just want you to protect me and let me live. Can't you accept this condition?"

"In this way, you will live a lonely life, and no one will trust you or stay by your side!"

But Zhang Yi just smiled faintly, a contemptuous expression on his face. "Oh, what does that matter? At least, I'll still be alive."

"But because of being soft-hearted, I would lose everything, even my life!"

He didn't bother to argue with Xu Hao because it was entirely unnecessary. The power dynamic between the two was not on the same level. Zhang Yi dictated what Xu Hao should do, and Xu Hao had no choice but to comply.

Zhang Yi waved his hand outside. "Let's go! Eat these foods sparingly; it should last you a month. In this month, find a way to survive. I've done my utmost for you."

Xu Hao desperately shook his head. "No, I won't leave!"

It was too cold outside. Coming from Yue Lu Community, the entire journey was through a world frozen in heavy snow. Leaving from here meant death sooner or later. Having experienced the warmth and happiness of this sanctuary, how could he leave?

Zhang Yi chuckled. Then he raised the gun.

"Do you have to force me to this extent? I hope we can part peacefully, not with me pointing a gun at your head."

Seeing Zhang Yi raise the gun, fear intensified on Xu Hao's face.

"I can't leave. There's still poison on me that you applied!"

Zhang Yi's tone grew colder. "There's no poison. Just colored ordinary drugs. You won't die!"

Xu Hao's face turned pale. He had been deceived by Zhang Yi.

"But you can't drive me away either! How can you betray your promise?"

He raised the mountaineering bag in his hand. "I helped you establish a sanctuary, and you're giving me so little? This is far from enough!"

Zhang Yi took a deep breath. His good temper was slowly being depleted. He stared at Xu Hao, his tone devoid of emotion.

"But don't forget, you owe me a life."

"What? That's not true!"

"Of course, it is. When we were in the community, I should have beaten you to death! But I didn't. So, you owe me a life, right?"

"Now, I'm using your life and this bag of food as compensation. You've gained a lot!"

Pointing the pistol towards the door, he used a remote control in his left hand to open a door.

"Hurry up! If you leave too late, I might change my mind."