Chapter 109: Living Well

Reaching home Sora went straight to the kitchen. They decided not to eat lunch at the construction site but wait until they got back.

"I'm going to make sandwiches with the meat and bread I got from Kapelin." Sora said.

"Sounds delicious."

While Sora worked on lunch Keyne cleaned around the area and prepared a few places for Sora to plant seeds. Most plants would be planted at random but the ones that Sora thought were useful needed to be closer to the house.

One thing they noticed was that after harvesting the plants once they couldn't be forcefully brought back to flowering. Sora didn't know why. If they wanted to reuse the plants they needed to new seeds to restart the cycle again from the start.

This meant they would have to dig up the plants to reuse the area. Something Sora seemed reluctant to do. With that in mind Keyne decided to prepare several areas for plants. Some close some far. Nothing too big. They had decided they would only do a few plants everyday. Doing more could wait until they had the farm up and running.

"Keyne, lunch is ready!" Sora shouted from the window. Keyne quickly headed over. A large smile on his face.

"You should say, "Husband, lunch is ready." Keyne teased when he got close.

"I thought you didn't want me calling you husband." Sora shot back with a quick glance at Keyne's lower half.

"Cough* That only applies while in bed. You can call me husband without restraint at other times." Keyne clarified.

"Mmm... I'll keep that in mind." Sora smugly retorted.

He found it cute how Keyne blushed a little. He knew Keyne was proud of his endurance in bed. But Sora found it adorable and a little funny how it would shatter if he said 'husband' while they were being intimate.

"His shy look is especially cute right now." Sora thought.

...

After lunch Sora wanted to do things according to the schedule. This meant he should be able to swim for two hours.

"It's past one o'clock. You've missed your chance." Keyne said.

"Time isn't important, the activities are." Sora rebutted.

"Then you can swim for thirty minutes."

"An hour. Don't fight me on this." Sora said. He was determined to swim above all else. If he could have, he would have jumped in at the docks while Keyne was discussing things with Sumi.

"Fine one hour. I'll go in with you." Keyne said. He knew he wouldn't be able to convince Sora otherwise, but he always enjoyed their little negotiations.

Sora had no problem with Keyne joining him. He ran inside and quickly changed. Keyne didn't even have time to catch a glimpse of Sora's body before Sora was jumping into the water.

"He really loves swimming." Keyne thought with smile.

While Keyne changed, Sora did a few quick laps across the spring. It wasn't large. Roughly the same distance as an Olympic pool. A decent size for his needs.

When Keyne came in he stopped swimming laps and swam over to his side.

"Do you want to race?" Sora asked. He couldn't think of anything else they could do together in the water.

"I doubt I can win against you in the water, but I'll give it a try." Keyne said.

The two of them went to the edge. Sora wondered if starting by diving like they did in professional races would be better but he wasn't a fan of that part so he decided they should just start with one hand on the shore.