Chapter 2

I feel the slight pain in my head and behind my eyes. It's the symptom of having a migraine for me. I don't want to go home. Surely that old man would lecture me about how I misbehaved with Issac. I told my chauffeur to drive me to a pastry shop. I'm craving some blueberry cheesecake. I came down from the car and entered the shop.
"Eliana, is that you?"
I turn around to see one of my few close friends Alexa. She's looking stunning as always.
"Girl, I've been trying to reach you in so many ways. but you just suddenly poofed. I missed you so much, you idiot" she's speaking so fast as always.
I softly smile at her and open my mouth to speak but get interrupted by her.
"Okay, let me guess!! your father is giving you a hard time again? You look so depressed beb. Cheer up, let's order some blueberry cheesecake. It's your favorite I know,"
It's been two months since I saw her last time. I forgot how she catches on everything really quickly.
"Let's sit by the window" she grabs my hand and literally dragged me from the entrance. We sat facing each other. I finally start speaking,
" I'm coming from a date right now.My father is planning to marry me off to some rich dude. I went to meet him. Even though I passed my whole fuckin life trying to get some validation from him, he never once bothered to treat me as a human being let alone as his daughter" I couldn't hide my frustrations from her. I look at her, she looks genuinely sad for me as always. She held my hand and said, " that old man, I hope he chokes on his own saliva"
I start laughing at his words for a moment.
"So some rich dude huh? Who is it? Tell me who's it, how did it go?"
Her eyes are sparkling while asking me these.
I started to answer her, "His name is Issac Mikelson. Tall handsome man. Has a mysterious aura about him that I can't seem to like"

"Issac? You mean the richest dude in our city?"
" Yea, most likely. He's the one"
"Eliana, you HAVE to me invite me to your wedding. Everyone says he's a really handsome guy but I never saw any real pics of him. So you have to invite me" her eyes are sparkling more now while she's demanding this for me. Should I tease her that I won't invite her? Neh, she'd start crying if I do that.
"Yes, I'll surely invite you to my wedding if it happens"
She looks confused.
"What do you mean? Did anything happen for him to not like you, A GORGEOUS WOMAN LIKE YOU?"
I tell her about everything that happened, how I behaved with him. How he was being a gentleman and I behaved rudely with him.
"Sigh, it's alright.. I thought you splashed him with a cup of tea. It's totally fine for you to act like this. Thinking of your situation, I can empathize with you."
She reassures me by saying all of these. I ask her about her days. How's her relationship going with Chris and everything. She tells me everything with such excitement. I'm happy that everything is going well for her.
I look at my phone. It's already afternoon. My migraine is starting to act up.
"It's getting late, Exa. I think I should go now."
She stands up with me and gives me a tight hug saying, "You got this, you know I'll always be with you cheering you up"
"I know, and best of luck for everything you are doing. I'll text you soon"
I call my chauffeur to get me. He comes within a minute. I hopped in and we started moving for my home.
Becky opens the door for me. I tell her to bring me a glass of lemonade without sugar. As I started to walk towards my room, I heard a loud crash near me. I look back to find some pieces of glasses on the floor.
"You wench, what were you thinking acting like this with Issac?
I calmly looked at my father who tried to hit me with a glass jar. I started speaking with a cold voice,
"Stop being ridiculous, I acted as much as I had to. I went there, greeted him, had a cup of tea and left that place. What more do you want me to do?"
" You good for nothing, murderer
First you took my wife away from me. Now you are acting like this with me? You should feel grateful that I even let you live. I should have killed you that moment when she died. I should have sent you with her" He ran towards me while saying all this. He's acting like a madman. I know he will hit me if I don't move. Oh, he's coming for my neck. Is he planning to uproot the cause of all his sufferings? I can feel his hand clasping my neck. He's trying to choke me and kill me. I need to move. But I'm tired. I'm feeling numb. He kept so many servants around the house. Not a single one of them would come forward to help me. Suddenly his right hand comes holding a phone.
"Sir, Mr. Mikelson wants to speak to you"
He finally lets go of my neck. He threatens me in a low voice and picks up the phone call. I stood there. He looks happy while talking to Issac. Why? Is he happy that I messed up and he finally gets to kill me? After some time when he's done with his phone call. He calls for Charlotte and Becky. He orders them to take me to my room and help me clean up. Issac will come to meet me tomorrow. He's coming to meet me? Shouldn't he call off this marriage? They bring me to my room. I tell them to get out of my room. But they did not listen to it as always. Prepared a hot bath for me with petals and essences. After it's done, they finally leave. I walk towards my bathroom. After undressing from this dress, I soak myself in the tub. I can feel the pain in my neck now. My whole body is feeling the pain now. I want to cry. But my tears aren't coming out. I don't know when's the last time I cried. I feel so suffocated with everything but I still cannot cry. I wish I could cry