Seventeen-Logan🏒

"You're okay?" Eve called hesitantly through the bathroom door.

"I think so." Getting dressed, especially in clothes this formal, had been a struggle. Not as much of a struggle as the shower had been. I hadn't realized how much Lillian helped me until she was gone. When she got back, I would have to smother her in gratitude, because this was ridiculous.

"Hurry, we're going to be late," Eve called anxiously.

I stopped fighting my sock. "Did you just tell the guy who has a broken hip and a shattered kneecap to hurry?"

"Yes!" She clearly saw no problem with this tactic. "I don't want to be late!"

"Eve, it's a Christmas party in the evening after dinner. I really don't think you're supposed to be super on-time," I sighed.

"Well, I do," she said staunchly as I opened the door and swung my way into the hallway.

I raised an eyebrow. "Nice dress."

She snorted. "I don't always have to dress like your baby sister, y'know."

"This doesn't have anything to do with the fact that we're going to Graham's house, does it?" I asked, smirking.

Eve's blush was radioactive. "No!"

"Not judging you, just curious," I laughed. We'd made it out of the house, carefully making our way through the garage. It was not an ideal trek for someone on crutches. I narrowly avoided tripping over an extension cord and ducked a bicycle hanging from the ceiling.

"There's nothing between Graham and me. He's not interested," she said confidently.

"I didn't ask if he was. I asked if you were."

"That's irrelevant if he's not interested," Eve said sharply, opening the door for me. I crawled into the car, leaning on my good side for support.

My sister was an aggravating driver. She was always too nice, slowing down to twenty-five to let people in or letting people cross in front of her. She never used her horn and never even scowled at anyone.

"How do you drive like this?" I yelped as we dodged someone turning against the light.

"Like what?" Eve asked innocently.

"Like there's no one in your way and the road is made of rainbows."

          "I have no reason to drive aggressively, if that's what you mean," she replied, turning into Graham's neighborhood.

"Still. Have you ever used your horn?" I asked.

"Twice."

She frowned, looking up. "This is the right address?"

"Yeah. Have you never been to his house?" I was surprised.

"No," she said, her face flushed in the reflection of the rearview mirror.

If my house was a mansion, Graham's was a palace. Three stories, with an elevator and a pool in the basement. He had marble balconies and staircases, even a ballroom. The rest of the house looked modern on the inside, with gaping great rooms that had ceilings of glass.

Eve looked pale as we stood on the front steps. "I didn't know he was this rich."

"He's an even better skater than I am," I reminded her. "He's been getting contracts over five million for over ten years."