𝐍𝐋𝐘:II

𝙹𝚘𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚒  𝚁𝚊𝚎  𝙲𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚛

𝙹𝚘𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚒  𝚁𝚊𝚎  𝙲𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚛

I walked into Dunkin Donuts, pulled out my phone, and went to my notes.

"Hello?" The employee asked. 

"Yes, I have a bagel twist and a vanilla bean coolatta?"I asked.

"mhm. Is that all?" the woman said.

I handed the woman my credit card, she swiped it, gave back my credit card, and then the woman finally gave me my food.

"Have a nice day" the woman stated.

"you too," I said leaving.

I turned up my Beats headphones volume when I realized  Treat Me Like Somebody by Tink.

" Now don't be misled by the things that I've said in the past, I was young"

"I was looking for a thrill that didn't last long, I was in it for the wrong, wrong reason, wrong season, wrong person yeah" I sang along.

As the song ended I reached my school, I got in pulled out my lanyard from inside my back pocket, and scanned it at the front office.

I realized I missed homeroom and I picked up my walking pace into the hall and tripped over someone's shoe in the hall, I fell but I managed to not drop anything.

"You need some help?" A guy asked launching his hand.

"No, I can get up myself" I hated when people asked that, it made me feel like I was a joke we both knew I was too heavy for him to pick up.

I got up myself and rushed into class. I sat down in my assigned seat.

"since Jolani is so late maybe she can answer why in French " Ms.White called me out.

"J'étais en retard parce que j'ai dormi tard" I said with an additude.

(I was late because I slept late)^^^

She continued with class but I could tell she was annoyed I knew how to answer back but I couldn't care less.

-  -  -

At lunch, Arie was spotted at the table outside and joined me.

"Why'd you come late today Ms. Perfect attendance," She said.

"It's the second day back who cares " I said bluntly.

"Why are you being like that?"

"Like what? " I asked genuinely confused.

"Boring," She said.

"But least you ain't Shari, her ass is in a mess" She said.

"Girl... anyway Malik is back home he's in something deep with my parents, I can tell" I crossed my arms.