Chapter 19

Elizabeth looks through the window, seeing two men playing poker while talking about some plan called 'The Great Game'. She opens the window quietly, listening in.

"Listen, I think now might be a good time to get that Sherlock dude - I mean, from what I heard from the police, Elizabeth left for no reason."

"Nah man, boss said not to touch him for another two years or so since she's gone."

"Why?"

"Because, apparently Moriarty is gonna try everything to kill Sherlock, but not for real."

"What?"

"Boss man is going to keep the woman busy for a while until it's time to bring Sherlock into the game."

"Oh. . ."

"Yeah, come on. Let's finish this game before we tell Moriarty that everything is to go."

Elizabeth then left the place, while pressing the trigger for a bomb countdown, hearing the building explode in the distance, the two men burning in the fire as well.

***

Moriarty

EP

Sherlock frowns at the text from Elizabeth, but kept it in his Mind Palace. It's been a week since she left, and this is the first time he has ever heard from her. He receives another text from her.

Keep this in your Mind Palace, and do not respond to my texts for safety.

EP

Sherlock obviously ignores her and starts to type a message, only to get another text from her.

I know you're typing, stop. This is for your own good.

EP

Sherlock frowns, moving to type again when he receives another text from her instantly.

I mean it, William. Stop, or else. . .

EP

Sherlock grunts in frustration and pain, listening to her. He closes his eyes and takes a deep breath, trying to keep the tears at bay. It's been hard for Sherlock, for he is not used to being alone again. Elizabeth used to be at his side, deducing people until they get uncomfortable, playing duets on the violin, doing some experiments with each other, solving crimes together. Now, he is doing experiments alone, playing the violin alone, deducing people alone, solving crimes alone. . .

Beep!

Sherlock opens the text message from Elizabeth, immediately calming down.

I love you. . .

EP

Despite what she said, he quickly sent a message back.

I love you, too.

SH

I'm going to let this slide because this is just what I needed to see.

Don't respond anymore, please.

EP

"Okay." he whispers to himself, lying down on the sofa, in his thinking position. He goes into his Mind Palace, immediately going to the wing that says, 'Elizabeth'. He enters the wing, immediately going to the cinema section, where he can watch the memories he has with her. He enters the first memory, when they met for the first time.

"You know that woman is cheating on her boyfriend. . ."

***

Elizabeth watches Sherlock in the building across, seeing Sherlock in his thinking position. Elizabeth takes a shaky breath in, wiping a tear away, before walking away from the love of her life. She sends a text to 'M', also known as Moriarty.

You are going to lose.

EP

I'm looking forward to it, darling.

M