twenty three

Rubab's pov

While traveling to Reyhanli, my face lit up with happiness.

I didn't reply to her email because I wanted to surprise her.

Allah, Allah, I still can't believe Taniya Aapi is getting married.

I was busy in my flood of happiness when Afshaan teasingly said, "Rubs, don't you think you are blushing too much?"

I didn't reply to him because I knew my happiness was completely showing on my face.

"Come on, Rubs, he's not Shah Rukh Khan," he said again.

Uff, being an Indian, his mind is stuck in Bollywood.

"Afshaan, he is my Shah Rukh, Salman, Aamir, in short, he is my everything," I said, looking at him.

"Everything? Huh? Seriously, then why have you never met him in these 5 years?" he asked curtly.

"Be-be-because..." I stammered, as I didn't have any explanation.

"Because you don't have the courage to tell Mamu about him, and maybe he has also moved on," he said casually, looking straight at me.

And the word "moved on" stabbed like a burning knife in my heart.

But Taniya Aapi's words didn't seem like he got married again.

Taking a deep breath, I looked out of the window.

Taha's POV

I was sitting with Baba Jaan, discussing everything related to the wedding when my ears heard something I would prefer to die before listening to.

My heart broke into a billion pieces.

Stammering, I got up from there and went somewhere else to deal with this unbearable pain.

Rubab's pov

We both reached Reyhanli at night.

Upon reaching there, I call Mamu to tell him that we had reached safely. He is concerned because I denied having any bodyguards around me, as my husband and little brother are enough to keep me safe.

"Bhabhi..." Taniya Aapi hurriedly came to me in long strides and hugged me tightly. Surprise evident in her eyes

I also hugged her back, and tears came unwantedly to my eyes.

"Aapi..." I whispered and hugged her more tightly.

"Allah ka shukar hai aap aagayi," she said, breaking the hug and looking at me.

"Kaise Naa aati meri pyaari si Taniya aapi ki shadi me," I said lovingly.

Our conversation got disturbed by a throat-clearing sound.

"Uff, Allah, Afshaan is standing beside me and I just forget."

Taniya aapi gave me a confused and questioning look, so I spoke, "He is Afshaan, my younger cousin."

"Assalam o alaikum," Afshaan,  greeted her.

"Walaikum assalam," she replied.

"Come, I'll show you your room."

We both nodded, but deep down, my eyes were searching for those blue pairs of ocean. My heart is dying to see him.

And I think Taniya aapi noticed my inner thoughts as she said, "Bhabhi, there is no use of looking around; bhai is not home," she said while walking to the hallway.

I wanted to ask where he is, but she continued without my question, "He went for work in a nearby village," she told me, showing Afshaan his room.

"Okay rubs, I will rest a little, just send my meal to my room," he said tiredly.