Part 1: A Deep Sleep

The smiling critters were on a sleepover. Nobody was able to sleep due to the storm thats happening outside.

Dogday: "Dont worry guys it will eventually slow down! i think..."

This didn't  really help as everyone was still scared including Dogday. He was trying his best to cheer up the group in this cold dark night. Then suddenly... The door slowly opens. Every single critter was staring at the door nervously. Until they saw that it was Catnap.

Everyone: CATNAP!!!

Everyone had now put on a smile on their faces. Cheering Catnap. Catnap, with a creepy grin on his face,  slowly breath out poppy gas in the entire house. Causing all of the critters to slowly fall asleep. He then closed the door and walked inside the house to sit on the couch. He sat observing his friends as they sleep. 

(Time pass)

Catnap was still on the couch observing every single one of his friends. Still having that creepy grin from when he opened the door. 

Dogday slowly started waking up. The poppy gas was much less near him and Catnap happened to not notice it. Dogday opened his eyes. Seeing his friends sleeping with the red mist and Catnap inside the house. He closed his eyes acting like he was still sleeping to not get caught by Catnap. Dogday was a bit scared of what was happening right now so he decided to stay like this until he had the courage to speak to Catnap. 

Catnap saw Dogday opening his eyes, but he decided not to say anything and played along with it. Dogday, a short while after got enough courage to slowly take off the blanket and speak to Catnap. Catnap was looking at the others while he was doing so. He didn't notice it until Dogday started speaking.

Dogday: "Hey.. Catnap?"

Catnap slowly turned his head to Dogday, Keeping his creepy grin and position on the couch. Catnap didn't respond. Dogday got a little scared from that but kept talking.

Dogday: "What is all this... Red gas?"

Catnap turned his head looking to the Poppy gas spread around the house. He still didn't respond. He just turned his head to Dogday again. Dogday didn't get a answer so he asked another question.

Dogday: "Can you even talk?"

Catnap nodded in agreement, but he yet again didn't speak. 

Dogday: "You just don't want to huh.." 

Catnap was happy Dogday understood. Last time a moment like this happened it was the exact opposite of that. Though, he still kept his creepy grin and sitting position while staring into Dogday.

Dogday: "Can't you atleast explain this weird gas?"

Catnap looked around, trying to avoid the question. Dogday just stared at him with a blank expression until Catnap answered his question. Catnap, not being able to avoid speaking for much longer decided to finally speak up.

Catnap: "...Its Sleeping gas"

Catnap's voice was a deep whisper. Dogday is the second person he ever spoke to. Dogday, after finally hearing Catnap speak and getting an answer to his question, spoke with a slightly happy tone. Not too much since he thought that would be embarrassing.

Dogday: "Oh! Is that for making us sleep?" 

Dogday casually asked. 

Catnap: "Yes... What tipped you off...? Genius?"

Dogday felt bad and thought to himself he shouldn't ask something stupid like that again. But it wasn't his fault, Catnap was just being rude.

Dogday: "So.. Do you just... sit there and... watch us every night?"

Catnap was getting tired of these questions. He got off the couch slowly walking to Dogday whilst saying..

Catnap: "Okay puppy... Maybe its time to rest now..."

Dogday was scared of Catnap's sudden movement and jumped a little bit. He looked at the window, the storm was still there and it was still the middle of the night. Catnap hopped on Dogday, Dogday jumped again. Catnap put on Dogday's blanket and started petting him on the head. 

Dogday: "Catnap?"

Catnap: "Now is time to sleep..."

Dogday didn't want to sleep yet and ask more questions but Catnap was scaring him alot so he decided to close his eyes and wait.

Catnap: "I won't use the gas on you... Enjoy getting to sleep by yourself... For now..."

This was really intimidating for Dogday. Catnap was sitting next to him now avoiding looking at Dogday. He thought maybe its the best to take some rest right now, so he did. 

Catnap just sat there, when he was sure that Dogday slept he looked at him. Catnap looked at Dogday with a normal smile. Catnap thought to himself.

Catnap: "He's... Special... Different from all the other critters... Smarter... More aware..."

Catnap then got off the couch after diving into his own thoughts and slowly walked to the door. He left slowly closing the door while staring at the critters. 

Thanks for reading! ❤️ This is my first time writing something like this so i might be bad at it. You may see some mistakes and odd spots while reading, i don't know! My english just isn't the greatest so I can't be sure if i made mistakes or not. Im planning on taking it slow with these two sillies, first frenemies then friends then close friends then lovers. The first part is almost the same as the VHS cutscene but thats only for this one. I will get more original after this one i promise! The next part should be out in a couple days or maybe tommorow. I hope you enjoyed and sorry about this ramble at the end lol 😓