s e v e n

"Alright, children, I'm off to bed." Mr. Yoshida waves with a smile and his eyes crinkle. "Good night!"

"Good night."

"Does he go to sleep this early every day? I mean, it's only 8.30." I point out with a shrug.

"The old man needs more sleep." Azura sneers while pulling her short hair back into a little ponytail.

Then I see Azura and Azul plopping down on the carpet in front of the brick fireplace. Rune looks at me. "Wanna join?"

"Sure." I shrug.

I sit down infront of the fireplace and the warmness tickles on mys skin. Rune crouches down next to me and Azura puts her feet over his legs. He complains "You better take your smelly feet off me."

"Oh come on." She wriggles her toes. I laugh and Rune makes a disgusted face.

"Respect your elders, kiddo." She huffs.

"Yeah, right." He rolls his eyes.

"Speaking of age..." I mention "How old are you guys?"

"24." Azura responses.

"Same." Azul replies.

"I'm 22." Rune says.

"Wait!" I divulge surprised. "So all of you are older than me?"

"No way!"

"Wha-at?"

"Wait, how old are you?"

"21." I murmur staring at my hands, actually sounding like a kid.

They stare at me for a second in silence and then they crack up.

"Oh come on!" I throw my hands in the air in defense.

"Aren't you a little baby?" Azura teases pinching my cheeks. I roll my eyes.

"Who thought the girl that tried to kill me was just a kid." Rune taunts with a teasing look on his face.

"You're literally just a year older, Rune." I clarify.

"Hold up! Kill you?" she asks with a playful grin. "When did that happen?"

"Long story, Azura." Rune shrugs, sharing a teasing glance with me and everyone chortles.

I wave a finger back and forth between Azul and Azura. "You're twins, right? I just knew it."

"Yep." Azura nudges Azul and then looks at him as if she's trying to prove a point. "I'm the better looking one though, duh." She flips her hair funnily.

Rune fake coughs and Azul simply claims. "She hopes."

"Hey!" she slaps him on his shoulder and he rubs his arm backing away from her.

"What? I'm just being honest!" he continues teasing.

I'm really starting to like these people. Even though I'm new to this environment, they don't make me feel left out.

But then an awkward silence suddenly swallows the room as our laughters come to an end. Seriously?!

Rune fake coughs breaking the silence. "Kora, can I ask you something?"

"Yeah?"

"How do you actually feel about what happened?"

I think for a second and sigh. "I do have the need to take revenge so badly but when I dig deeply into my heart..." I look up and see them listening attentively. These are some good people.