Space

What is space?Space is the dark area surrounding the Earth where the sun, moon and other planets are

What is space?
Space is the dark area surrounding the Earth where the sun, moon and other planets are.
Did you know? 🚀
An astronomer is a scientist who studies about space.

Solar system
The solar system is made up of the sun, moon, stars, planets and other heavenly bodies.

The sun 🌞
The sun is a star which is the nearest to the Earth. It's much bigger than the Earth.
Did you know? 🚀
The light from the sun reaches Earth in around eight minutes.

The moon 🌝
The moon is the 2nd brightest object in the sky after the sun. It goes around the Earth once in a month.
Did you know? 🧑‍🚀
Neil Armstrong was the first astronaut to walk on the moon.

The stars ⭐️
Twinkling objects in the sky which are full of gases and heat are called stars.
Did you know? 🚀
Proxima Centauri is the star closest to the Earth.

The eight planets 🪐
Planets are heavenly bodies which move around the sun. There are eight planets in the solar system.

MercuryMercury is the 1st planet and the closest to the sun

Mercury
Mercury is the 1st planet and the closest to the sun.
Did you know?
As it twinkles the most in the early morning hours, Mercury is often called the 'morning star'.

Venus
Venus is the 2nd planet. In many ways, it's similar to the Earth.
Did you know? 🪐
Venus is the hottest as well as the brightest of all the planets in the solar system.

Earth 🌏
Earth is the 3rd planet. It's the planet on which they live.
Did you know? 🌏
Earth is the only planet in the solar system to have water in all its three states: solid, liquid and gas.

Mars
Mars is the 4th planet of the solar system.
Did you know?
The reason why the planet is the reddish-orange colour of Mars is known as the 'Red Planet'.

Jupiter
Jupiter is the 5th planet from the sun and the largest planet in the solar system.

Saturn 🪐
Saturn is the 6th planet from the sun and the second largest planet in the solar system.
Did you know? 🧑‍🚀
The famous Italian astronomer, Galileo, was the first person who spotted Saturn with the help of his telescope.

Uranus
Uranus is the 7th planet from the sun.
Did you know? 🧑‍🚀
Uranus is the coldest planet.

Neptune
Neptune is the 8th planet from the sun and the fourth largest planet in the solar system.
Did you know? 🧑‍🚀
Neptune appears to be light blue in colour when seen from space.