Phir milenge?

♪ Saudebazi

सीधे सादे सारा सौदा सीधा सीधा होना जी
मैंने तुमको पाना है या तूने मे मेरे खोना जी
आजा दिल की करे सौदेबाज़ी क्या नाराज़ी...

Anika was busy scrolling through her phone. But suddenly she felt someone leaning on her shoulder, it was Devyansh, who was falling asleep. Anika slightly nudged him, he flinched and mumbled a "Sorry" in a sleepy voice sitting up straight. But a few minutes later, she again felt him leaning on her shoulder, she noticed his facial features, he was charming indeed and somehow his presence never made her uncomfortable. She had this gut feeling that he's not any creep rather he looked innocent and pure. She sighed and led her shoulder for him to sleep.

After a while, the bus stopped at its destination.
Anika gently shakes Devyansh, the boy wakes and looks around in confusion.
Anika stood up taking her stuff and she made her and got off the bus.
Devyansh quickly took his backpack and got off too and followed her "Hey wait- Anika!" And finally catching her he walked beside her.
"Where are you going to?" He asked, and Anika gave a suspicious look.
"Don't get me wrong, I'm just asking!" He exclaimed with his charming smile. "C'mon, we are friends after all" He said further and nudged her playfully.
"Since when?" Anika asked with a judging expression.
"We aren't!?" He asked in disbelief.
"No" She said walking ahead of him.
"Okay fine, but at least tell me where you are going?" He asked again, walking beside her.
Anika finally spoke in a stern voice"See Mister Devansh-", "Devyansh" He corrected her in the middle of the sentence earning a glare from her.
"Whatever, I'm not interested in talking to strangers. So please stop clinging on to me."  She completed her sentence and walked away.
"Badi ajib ladki hai yaar, Haar time gusse me kaun rehta hai!" He mumbled under his breath annoyingly and watched her going away.
He decided not to follow her because he had no intentions to make her uncomfortable in any way or seem desperate or clingy.
He just felt a little connection with her, he wants to stop her but he knows he has no right to.
He never met someone like her, she was very different from all the girls he ever known.
She was like ravelled wool, which he wanted to unravel.

Devyansh saw an old woman struggling to cross the road, so he decided to help her. And Anika made her way towards her hostel.

They both parted their ways. But little did they know they will meet again.

Anika Settled In Her Hostel and thankfully her roommates were very kind and sweet too, they welcomed her politely. 

"Anu, would you like to have Maggie? Tanu is making it!" Nandita exclaimed walking in the room while Anika was busy settling her things in the wardrobe.
Anika smiled softly and nodded looking at her.
"Yes Tanu, she will have it too!" Nandita yelled from the room so that Tanisha who was in the kitchen could hear.
"Lemme help you!" Nandita said reaching out to Anika for help.
"It's okay Nandita, I can do it!" Anika tried refusing.
"C'mon Anu yaar call me Nandu now and you should take a rest, you must be tired!" She didn't let Anika refuse anymore and made her sit on the bed and arranged her stuff.
Anika smiled feeling relieved at her kind behaviour.

"Thanks Nandita- Nandu!" Anika quickly corrected herself awkwardly as she thanked Nandita.
"That's better! And Don't mention it!" Nandita said with a chuckle.
"Let's go have our Maggie" she added and held Anika's hand dragging her gently towards the kitchen.

The girls spend their time while chatting about their life. It was Nandita who was talking the most, she was so interesting and fun. While Tanisha was creaking jokes in between too and Anika mostly listened to them.
They both were chaotic best friends. But the way they made sure that Anika wasn't left out, made her feel so relieved because she wasn't used to it. It seemed very new and unusual for her. She felt grateful.
But she can't help but wonder about the boy she met on the bus. Why did he treat her so comfortably? No one ever treated her like that.

Devyansh was sitting next to his mother comfortably leaning on to her.

"Maa, Did I told you about the girl I met on the bus?" He asked looking over at his mother.
"No beta, you didn't!" His mother replied with a smiled.
"No? Okay I'll tell you now! What was her name...um- Anika! Yes Anika!" He exclaimed after remembering her name. And continued further.
"She was very rude but at the same time she was kind too!"
"How so?" His mother asked.
"She wasn't so friendly or talkative, her responses were very dry, but she offered me her lunch when I was hungry!" He explained.
"You took lunch from a stranger!?" His mother asked in disbelief.
"Maa...I was hungry and she wasn't any random girl, she was- was...nice tho..." He said hesitately after noticing his mother's glare.
"Still bacche, you shouldn't take food from any strangers you know that." She scolded him.
"But she didn't felt like a stranger, Maa! I don't know even tho she was grumpy, she had a comfortable vibe. She looked cute when I pissed her with my talks. I wonder if hum phir milenge..." He blurted.
His mother gave him a teasing smile and pulled his ear.
"MAA- ouch IT HURTS-" He hissed in pain.
Her mother smiled and left his ear and said teasingly "Tu gaya toh apne papa ko documents Dene, yeh kisko Dil deke aagya Dev?"
Devyansh rubbed his ear and said annoyingly "Maa, it's not like that! I didn't give my heart to anyone!” "she was just very different from all the girls I have known so I was just curious about her personality" He added.
"Okay okay, I won't tease you anymore. Call Your sister, I want talk to her casually!" His mother said.
Devyansh pulled his phone out from his pocket and asked "Will she be free?", "Yes Beta" She replied.
Devyansh scrolling through his call logs and stop at the contact name "Tanu🐒" and called her.

"Tanu, Your phone is ringing!" Anika said.
"Who is it Anu?" Tanisha asked while doing her skincare.
"It's showing "Dev Bhai 🐸" with a frog emoji" Anika ended her sentence with a slight giggle looking at the emoji.
"Oh it's my annoying Brother, can you pick it and put it on speaker?" She asked Anika to which she nodded and did as Tanisha asked her to do.

"Hello Tanu!" Someone said.

-

To be continued...

Vote, share and comment.