Ch.9

.·:*¨¨* ≈🔆≈ *¨¨*:·.

(Hey peeps! Would you all want to see a smiling critters x reader? I feel like the other members need appreciation too!! Should they all get their own book, or should it be in a one-shot format? Let me know your thoughts!! I am excited to flesh out and write all their personalities! ❤️❤️❤️)

(Y/N) awoke in a room unfamiliar to her, hearing whispers in the corner of the room. Large figures were all talking to eachother, before one looked over at the awake (Y/N).

"Ah, she's awake! Hey there, (Y/N)!" It was KickinChickin in all his radical glory. Granted the feathers on his head and tail were decently damaged, he looked pretty good! "How ya been?" He kneeled down to look at her, the massive grin not moving from his face. He hadn't seen her in so many years! She still looked young and pretty to him, even 10 years later!

"I- Kickin!? I thought you were dead?" (Y/N) was in absolute shock, standing up to hug the yellow chicken, who laughed heartily and hugged her back, spinning around excitedly and smushing his cheek against hers before putting her down. "Nah, it takes more than a purple cat to kill this chicken!" Kickin pointed to himself, grinning.

"Don't be so egotistical, Kickin! We barely got out alive! Also hello, Miss (Y/N)! Very nice to see you again." Bubba spoke up, waking over to her and offering his hand..or his stub, for a handshake. (Y/N) took his foot, or whatever you call an elephant hand and shook it with a smile. She noticed that his right ear looked like it was missing a chunk, like a bitemark. It was decently sized, but not enough that the whole ear was gone.

CraftyCorn was sat in the corner of the room on a beanbag, looking over at (Y/N), not saying anything.

"Is she okay?" (Y/N) whispered, Kickin and Bubba exchanging looks. "She hasn't been the same since Picky went insane, Miss." Bubba explained gently, Kickin nodding in agreement. "Yeah, the gal went loco. That's why poor Bubba has a chunk outta his ear." He pointed to the blue elephant's ear.

"Who are you guys talking t- AHH!" Hoppy walked over and immediately lit up to see (Y/N), jumping around excitedly. "(Y/N)! (Y/N)! It's been ageeessss! Where have you been?" She skidded on her knees, grabbing both (Y/N)'s hands and shaking them excitedly. "How is your teaching job? Did you miss us? We missed you!" Hoppy had so many questions for her!

(Y/N) giggled softly. "Of course I missed you all. The teaching job was good! I got a better job, working from home now!" She explained. Hoppy was super duper happy that she was doing so well!

Hoppy stood back up, gently leading (Y/N) over to Crafty who was sat by herself. "Crafty, say hello to (Y/N)!" Hoppy spoke loudly, making the unicorn's ears pin back. (Y/N) spotted that poor Crafty was also missing a chunk of her left ear. She was also missing half of her horn and was covered in bite marks.

Crafty looked up at (Y/N), mustering her best smile. Her voice was even quieter than usual. "Hello, (Y/N). Long time no see." She fiddled with her hooves nervously. The horse flinched and covered her eyes with her hooves when there was a loud bang from the other room, followed by screaming.

Bobby, who was stood in the corner smacked her fist on the door, making everyone flinch. "Picky! Stop screaming!" She yelled, her voice loud and assertive. She was nothing like her cartoon version. This BearHug was strong and determined.

The second Bobby shouted, the screaming ceased. Bobby sighed loudly, smoothing the fur on her head. She walked over to (Y/N), crouching down. She took her hand, like how a prince holds a princesses hand. "Sorry for taking you. I left a note, the others should be coming to find you soon. I heard you fixed our pal Dogday too, hm?"

(Y/N) was happy to see all her old friends again. Granted, she'd much prefer it in better circumstances.

"You learnt the truth about Catnap too, huh? He's a good guy, but is just following his master. I implore his strength, it must take courage to go behind your master's back." Bobby explained, releasing (Y/N)'s hand. "I apologise that you can't see Picky, either." The red bear scratched the back of her head.

Everyone went quiet at the mention of her name. "Yeah, she'd get the munchies over seeing ya, (Y/N). She tried to eat all of us, thinkin' with her belly rather than her brain." Kickin patted his stomach and brain to enhance his point.

(Y/N) looked at Crafty, who seemed really upset, even of the name of her old friend. "It's true." She spoke quietly, rubbing her hoof against one of the bite marks on her forearm. "I miss her." She spoke softly, scratching her damaged ear nervously. "But, seeing you, (Y/N), makes me miss her a little less." The white unicorn smiled up at (Y/N), still rubbing her arm nervously.

"Well, I suppose I've got to fill you in on everything, haven't I? Please, get comfortable, (Y/N)." Bobby spoke, looking for somewhere for her to sit. Crafty shuffled up and patted the spot beside her. (Y/N) sat next to CraftyCorn, the unicorn resting her head on her shoulder.

"Right, where do we begin?"

.·:*¨¨* ≈🔆≈ *¨¨*:·.

Dogday was leading everyone in the direction he thought (Y/N) had been taken. He glanced at the note repeatedly to ensure he wasn't going the wrong way. Catnap followed him silently, Poppy and Kissy behind them.

"Are you sure you know where you're going?" Poppy wasn't a massive fan of this little detour and just wanted to get out of here. Kissy said nothing, just continuing to walk quietly.

Dogday exhaled deeply. "I hope so. If I know my old critters, I will know where they are."