ACT ONE PART FIVE: CHAPTER FIVE

A/N: WORDS- 2,193

     Caesar is only 24 years older, two years older than me internationally wise. He was born on April 19th. His birthday is in five days, and the Royalty family will be celebrating it with a ball. Caesar is an incredible person, with such a great personality.

Apparently outside of riding horses with Caesar, I've been exploring the castle. The wooden doors groan on their hinges, as I walk out of my bedroom. As I explore the castle, a shiver of excitement courses through me, seeing as I have never been inside a castle. The stone walls, cold and stoic, swallow me whole, and I can't help but feel their magnitude.

I can't help but feel like I was there when the castle was being built, and alive during all of the history the castle witnessed. I can't help but also feel a profound connection to the past as I begin my exploration.

I make my way through the castle's grand courtyard, my footsteps echoing against the cobblestones. As I walk around the castle, the air gets a little chillier and cooler. I imagine the echoes of clashing swords, the clangor of armored knights that once filled their space. I feel at home, weirdly enough. It's like a tranquil haven, with the ghosts of history lingering throughout the air.

For some reason, my heart draws me towards the grand hall. It's the heart of the castle where once the lords and ladies have feasted. Their remnants of the revelries have long since faded, but the room still commands a certain majesty. The high, arched ceilings loom above me, and the large empty fireplace seems to beg to be lit and to have a great fire. I walk towards the dining table, and run my fingers over the extravagant carvings on the table. Despite the fact the castle was built centuries ago, this room looks like it got built today. I can't help but imagine and hear the conversations that have taken place here.

I leave the dining room, and walk over to the spiral staircase. I ascend the spiral staircase, the steps worn down by the passage of countless feet before mine. The amount of people that have taken these steps, in order to make history and leave their footprints is astonishing. The narrow stone passageway is lit by silvers of light that cut through the slit windows, and I'm enveloped by a sense of secrecy and seclusion. Once I got to the top of the spiral staircase, I walked into the closet door, which was a library.

It was full of books, and the entire room was comfortable. It was the royal version of a library. There were tables around the room. The library is a treasure trove, hidden amidst the echoes of history. The scent of aged parchment, and wood polish greets everyone that enters, like an old friend. The books are about history, comfort, but nobody is bothered to read them. Sad isn't it.

There is an envelope of profound silence, but comfort. They speak about their history, but nobody is bothered to listen to them either. The bookshelves tower to the ceiling, and are carved from the dark oak that stretch towards the vaulted ceilings. Their shelves are laden with leather-bound tomes, manuscripts, and each spine is embossed with gilded letters that shine in the light. The light is from the stained glass windows.

The library in the castle is not just a collection of books; it is a portal to the past, a bridge to the minds of those who have shaped the course of time within these very walls. It's home.

I leave the library and continue to walk around the palace. Once a maid finds me, and tells me that it's lunch time, is when I finally stop exploring. I'm surprised I haven't gotten tired yet, seeing as I have a huge time zone difference, and jet lag.

I frown, not knowing what to do right now. I walk back to the dining room, and sit down right next to the prince. I eventually decided to sit next to Caesar. I'm glad I made the decision to eat with them, so I can see how their family interacts even more. Fun fact, kinda, there were three people that were food testers to make sure people didn't poison the royal family. I know now that I can't poison them, cause then someone will know. But what I can do is poison all of their food, and cause a distraction. Within that distraction, I can kill Prince Caesar and frame the murder on a maid or someone.