Chapter 131

"Thou made a very convincing Grandmaster but not enough to convince the likes of me. I shall admit that it did fool at first but that shall no longer the case. Maybe, tis the way the Grandmaster speak with thee but tis is certainly not the way he would speak with me."

"Oh", the voice of the Grandmaster came back with more emotion this time. Mainly curiosity.

"How does he speak to you then? That fool spoke with me using the same exact tone."

The voice stopped its attacks and focus solely on talking with her instead. That was good. Talking was good in this situation. She was also drawing out their conversation as much as she can.

During this time, she had been utilizing every sense of her to maximum degree. Formerly, she had been surprised but now, she can concentrate solely on spearing her aura to search for the source of the voice and not the immediate attack that will come to her.

"The Grandmaster may be a cruel man to others but to me, he extended his kindness. Tell me, Mr Invisible, when did thee took over the voice of Grandmaster? When did thee silence his voice?"

The Grandmaster that told her about Thanos was still the same old Grandmaster. But, after that battle, she could no longer hear his voice.

"A mortal did not work so Death sent something far more ... worthy. Something far better than a mere mortal that relies on external power. Someone who never changes."

So, he was an immortal.

"Being an immortal has its perks. Like blocking out voices from the outside.", she could tell that the voice was bragging? Is it some she knew or is it someone she did not know. But it did not matter now for she knew where it was coming from.

But first, she must be sure that it was not another trick. So, she planned something in her head as she continued to stall for time. There was no specific time to which she should stall. The longer it is, the better her chances.

Furthermore, this was an immortal. A normal attack would not cut it. Even with a well-prepared blow, there was no way an immortal would die in one hit. So, she must make as much damage as she can in one blow to surprise it. She secretly separate her scythe into two but she did not forget to continue talking as she did so.

"An immortal? I beg to differ as thou art under the command of death here in the end of time. A true immortal would not be fighting as a slave for death. Thou art a resident of the kingdom of Death just like any other mortal."

"You are right but I did not die. I willingly go under her service. Even among immortals, there are differences. Nay, I come fight here not as a slave but as your murderer. This is not business. This is simply and purely personal."

So, this was some she knew. Who? Who could it be? Her mind came up with a few guesses but none with considerable evidence. Or maybe, they were someone from her future that she has yet to meet. Someone she has yet to know.

This was dangerous. Whatever or whoever was talking to her knew her. The same could not be said for herself. This fight will always go in favour of the invisible one as long as she did not find and reveal it.

"Who art thee then? If this is personal, then I shall have meet thee."

"Oh getting smart are we? No worries, you shall know when we meet in the kingdom of death."

"We shall meet again? Forgive me, but I will not be seeing thee again in this time.", she retorted as she gripped her weapons.

"What do you mea-"

She cut him off as she threw her stick at the source of the voice that she finally found. Why not attack immediately? She was afraid that she would be fooled once again and turn her preparations to waste.

The stick hit him and revealed a silhouette that she was familiar with but she did not even stop to think and look as she ran straight at it. She ran so fast, she could barely even see with a glowing blade in her hand.

The figure staggered but still managed to squeeze out a few slashes. She tried to breeze through them but she was too fast for her own good. One lucky slash made its way towards her right arm. It was the arm in which she was holding the blade.

The slash took her entire right arm clean off. She flinched due to the pain but continued her way. The voice was wise to stay far away from her. She did not have time to slow down.

With her left arm, she grabbed the severed arm that was still holding the blade and took the blade with her as she leave behind an arm. The creature had already recovered and swung its right arm at her.

The figure was big resembling that of a giant. She just climbed along the arm that hit the ground instead and stabbed her blade into what she presumed to be the neck. The giant roared as familiar energy flared all around her.

She quickly grabbed her blade back and jumped away from the shoulder of the giant figure. Clenching the blade with her one arm she stared at the figure clearly recognizing it. The physical appearance was different but there was only one being with this aura.

"Chthon...", she spoke his name out loud with no fear of repercussion. A mortal should not speak of his name with no consequence but luckily, she was no longer one.

Chthonic rose again with no hand clenching at his own neck. He is already weaken and she has beat him once before. This time will be no different.

"Miss me?", he asked in his true voice dripping in pure hatred. What has she even done for him to hate her that much?

"I was overwhelmed by an emotion thou art not around. It is called .... happiness."

The demon only smiled sinisterly at her words.

"Well said, keeper. Well said. But I shall not be fighting alone. I will do you a favour."

He said as he stretched out his hands and opened a portal.

"I will reunite you with someone who cherish. Someone you do not wish to see in the kingdom of death."

Walking out of the portal was someone she was very familiar with. In red dress with a similar style of a red crown, she stood face to face with her disciple, Wanda Maximoff.

.

.

.

.

.

This is Chapter 131.

Can't exactly expect Chthon to play fair but tell me what you all think about this chapter.