anywhere jut not home

A/n: I already started working on the next story..

Ellie turned around to come face to face with the one person she had been dreading to see, Her mother. She slammed her head back into Taylor's chest, curling herself up into a ball which Taylor was trying to hold on to make sure she wouldn't fall. As Taylor tried to hand the small girl over to her mother, the girl's hands gripped on tighter and tears puddled her eyes. The fragile girl started trembling in the stranger's arms as she held onto the neck of Taylor's shirt in an attempt to not be taken away.

"I'm sorry, she does this when she's really tired. She latches onto a person and doesn't want to let go," the woman says with an awkward laugh.

Using all of her might, the woman rips her daughter off of the stranger's shirt and practically throws the girl over her shoulder. She gives Taylor a small thank you before marching around the corner with a crying toddler in her arms. As soon as they were out of sight, the woman gave Ellie a harsh hit to her face, the side of the girl's cheek turning dark red really quickly.

"You were such a horrible child back there, just wait until we go home," the woman, Patty, said to her daughter as she shoved the child into the car.

"No, mommy, I'm sorry, please don't," Ellie cried.

"Stay quiet, you little brat!" Patty exclaimed.

Ellie stayed quiet and stared out the window trying not to think about what her mother said. But her mind kept repeating what her mother said a couple minutes ago and her hands started to tremble. Would her mom take away her food privileges for a couple days? Will her mom get drunk and hit her? Will her mom lock her in the room with spiders? Before she could spiral anymore, the car was parked and her mother was already violently pulling her out of the car.

"Go get me a beer bottle and go clean upstairs," Patty demanded, falling onto the couch.

Ellie trudged over to the fridge and got out the familiar brown colored bottle and handed it over to her mother before heading upstairs. She hated staying with her mother and right now she hated her father even more for making her go and the nice lady from the airport who let her mother take her. Her mom would always get drunk and hit her every time she went over, she didn't understand why her daddy couldn't just keep her. She loved the month she got to spend with him, he would never hit her or make her sit in freezing cold water and laugh at her like her mother would. Her daddy never listened to her when she said she didn't want to go and she couldn't tell her daddy the reason because her mom would hit her more if she told him.

"Oh Ellie, come here," Patty said tauntingly, stumbling up the stairs.

"No, mommy, no!" Ellie screamed, trying to run into a room.

"You little shit, because of you me and your dad broke up! You shouldn't be alive!" Patty slurred, grabbing her daughter by the arm and pulling her up.

"Let me go, you're hurting me!" Ellie begged, as her mother swung her around by her arm.

"Your dad wanted to stop partying and drinking to take care of you and he left because I wanted to have fun. If you weren't born, we would have been fine!" Patty screamed, shoving her daughter down, planning to do much more.

Ellie shivered as she got out of the bathtub full of freezing cold ice water, trying to stand up. Her body hurt and she couldn't move her right arm, it hurt so much, much more than any other part of her body. Her mommy had fallen asleep again so she took the risk and got out. Her body was almost blue as she sat down on the carpet of the room, rocking back and forth in pain. Ellie looked over to the side to see the window open and the ground a couple feet below her; she looked across at her mom who was loudly snoring with a beer bottle in her hand. Ellie pulled herself over to the window and looked back one last time before letting herself fall down into the grass, old cuts opening up and fresh cuts forming, her head pounded more than before. Ellie limped for as long as she could, her small, fragile, naked body trembling due to the pain and weather, until she couldn't physically walk anymore. She fell to the ground, sobbing in pain and calling out to her father, hoping he would come and rescue her.

"Dada!"