𖦹 ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ- 05 𖦹

Playlist: https://spotify

Playlist: https://spotify.link/yXWMeIY5KIb

I woke up to a grey unfamilar ceiling and a king sized bed

I woke up to a grey unfamilar ceiling and a king sized bed. I looked around remembering the details I had registered yesterday when I first came in. As I had already guessed, we were in a penthouse. But it seemed more like an office with all the grey-black-white-golden stuff. Which it was. What I never expected was Lucas's workaholic nature that made him to build a penthouse on his office.

Who the heck does that?

Even if it was huge and large with a lot of securities to prevent anyone except him, me and his assistant entering, it was mind boggling to think that I would be not be getting in and out of the building everyday without having people notice me.

How the heck did his women even handle this? All his previous women must have been terrified.

I decided not to get out of the floor for the day. I would spend my time roaming around. I noticed the coffee cup beside me on a small table. It had a note.

You're expecting someone at 10. There's a company dinner at 7 for the celebration of engagement. You'll be attending.

I got up yawning and stretched. My muscles protested at the stiffness. Robotically, I drank the coffee in gulps, burning my throat in the process. I went to the wardrobe, opened the doors and I was surprised to see clothes. Certainly I hadn't thought that I would be wearing off white silk pajamas for the whole day but I kind of expected the person I am expecting to bring appropriate clothes. I skimmed through the set finding several good ones but I picked a royal blue crop top blouse of full sleeves and a white khaki skirt to match. I noticed a small drawer and opened it curiously. It had the the necklace gifted from yesterday. I closed the drawer. This was no fun.

I quickly opened the door to my room and found guards and a woman waiting. The woman was in her 30s, I noticed a ring on her finger. She bowed when she saw me and greeted me a good morning. I nodded. I saw her face. She had hazel green eyes and seemed kind.

"Is there something I can do around here? Except watching the city." I asked raising my eyebrows. Good thing, he had a married woman working. Even if we were going to stay out of each other's business, getting another woman in, where I was staying would be an insult.