𝟯.𝟭 | 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘯 𝘪𝘴 𝘢 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘰𝘯 𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘩 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘺𝘰𝘶

【 𝙊𝙉𝙀】

🎼ılılıll |̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅| llılılı🎼
ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ : 【𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘬 1】

↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

SUMMER HAD ARRIVED in Hawkins and everyone knew from the start it would be special

SUMMER HAD ARRIVED in Hawkins and everyone knew from the start it would be special. The brand new Starcourt Mall had just opened which meant a lot of teens wouldn't even dream of staying home. It was undeniable that Starcourt was the place to be for the teen population of Hawkins, be it to meet up with friends, shop for some non-essentials, or getting a summer job.

The latter of which applied to Molly Novikova. Hopper had been nagging for her to get a job for a while and she truly didn't see why. She was happy to pull her weight around the community but if you asked Molly, she, Eleven and Hopper didn't need anything more in their cabin, at least nothing that could be fixed with more money. But the fact was that Hopper had a say in whether she lived there or not and she did find his lecturing annoying so she caved and spent the first weekend after school ended looking for a summer job.

The Gap, Sam Goody, Orange Julius, Zales, Flash Studios. All of them tossed Molly's resume onto a pile and said they'd call her. It was around midday when she finally crashed and decided to give herself a break by visiting Steve's new perch, Scoops Ahoy.

Being honest, Molly couldn't for the life of her figure out the obvious connection between sailors and ice cream that the creators of this company utilised but she didn't care enough to let the thought linger for more than a moment.

She went past Robin at the counter and the two silently nodded as Molly went into the back where she knew Steve would be.

"So, anything looking good yet?," Steve asked as Molly sat down next to him, practically melting into the chair.

"Good how?," she asked.

"Any gems? C'mon what's a place that really appeals?," he asked, trying desperately to stir up some enthusiasm in Molly after such a dull day stuck with Robin.

She shrugged, "Not really? It's a job, not a hobby."

"Well, you gotta audition for the role you want! What are you gonna do when you're stuck with a six hour shift in some sucky ass place that you can't stand?," he asked.

"Six hours? Six hours is nothing! I'm in an air conditioned building getting paid to do menial tasks that don't push my body to it's very limits. Yeah, it's not exactly heaven on earth but who gives a shit?," she scoffed.

"I thought you didn't even want a job? If you didn't want a job in the first place, why not at least go for something you'd like?," he asked.

"I didn't want to get a job because logically, it's meaningless. We don't need any more money, we have enough to get by. I'm only doing this out of annoyance, because Hopper won't stop nagging me to get out of the house and start working. He says it 'builds character' whatever that's supposed to mean for me," she rolled her eyes, helping herself to some of the cherries in the big storage tub.