Chapter 2--"Cut to the Chase"

With silvery tips scattered over their partially soaked, messy short silvery hair, and amber saturated yellow eyes, and tough facial features that seemed to make them look as if he was a fierce, brave warrior. The black striped shark fins located on his back and elbow looked like blades they held swords that were heavily glued onto their body. This made him seem less approachable and somewhat respectable. That, I would not keep in mind while befriending him. He was glancing at something on his hand in a trance, his mouth flat as a line, completely expressionless. While his long tail with the same coated patterns, played with the body of water behind his legs.

To be honest, that's some cool-looking guy! Maybe one day, we might be friends!

When I was joyfully grinning to myself as I thought of the possible enjoyable outcomes with them, the creature dived into the waves with a loud "splash" that I would've never been able to make alone. Water droplet splashed around like a flower bud blooming, and some small particles hit me as well, even with the far distance we had from each other.

Wait, hold on. Where is it going? I know that sounds like I'm spying on someone here like some suspicious thing, but, is it me or is it swimming towards my direction? Well, I once learned that if a shark is chasing you, you ought to not panic. I'm not scared, definitely—

In a matter of seconds, the same 'shark' leapt out and attempted to scratch my scales, his eyes glaring at me like I did something terrible.

A silent scream escaped my throat.

H-he found me red-handed!

"Argh!" They growled loudly, their soaked talon lunging right towards my face. Life flashed before my very own eyes. Water droplets that were resting on their hands fell on the bridge of my nose.

I flinched, and stood upright with my tail straightened as a line. I felt spiders crawling down my spine, and snakes slithering back up to my head.

For once, I felt a greater sense of danger than what I felt this morning.

They growled angrily, almost in a state of frenziness.

Is there no safety on this side of the gate? I'm not going to last long like this! Not when I'm being attacked by some feral or crazed maniac of a creature!

Taking their action as a warning, I swam head-first, faster than I could ever in my career of being an aquatic creature. Although I always said that I was a good swimmer, this 'shark' was swimming exactly at the speed of light. Each time I tried to swim away, they would be in front of me, leaping with their nails in the wind, and ferociously stabbing the ripples near my body. Their menacing fangs glowing under the light that blinded me for seconds on end.

M-maybe I should apologize! No, I don't think they can hear me at this point!

In an attempt to stop me from running, they used both their arms to hold onto my moving tail. It succeeded for a while, I squirmed underwater under their merciless hold, and tried to free myself, as their nails were that of knives, stabbing into the soft scales of my tail.

Let go, it's going to scar—

With one swerve to the right, their palms weakened and loosened their reckless gnawing; their claws, that were once jabbed into my skin, were slipping down. Yet, along with this act of freeing my poor tail, pieces of my flesh with it, creating a toe curling noise as it came in close contact.

"Screeeeech!"

I could only stare in pure horror, as traces of this brutal attack sunk slowly down the deep waters of this place. No thoughts arrived in my head, as I continued fleeing from them, while occasionally turning back to witness the chunks of my own body reaching the bottom to the ground.