012.

Chapter Twelve

On the morning of her wedding, Fabiola and Aubrey stood in the bathroom, staring down at two positive pregnancy tests in their hands with shocked faces as the bridal party ran around the hotel rooms getting ready.

This should have been one of the happiest days of Fabiola's, as she prepares to commit to Sefa in marriage surrounded by friends and family.

But instead, here she is with Aubrey, frozen in place as the pink lines on the two pregnancy tests sunk in.

Fabiola's hands trembled as she set the test down on the counter, tears welling up in her eyes. She had planned this day down to every detail, from the flowers to the music to the perfect white dress she would wear walking down the aisle.

A baby was not part of that plan. At least not yet. They had agreed to wait until they were more settled. But fate had other plans for them.

Aubrey pulled Fabiola into her arms, holding her tight as she began to cry. "It's going to be okay," Aubrey whispered, although her own wide eyes betrayed her panic. They had not expected this, not today. But together they would figure it out.

"You're pregnant. I'm pregnant," Fabiola said, hugging Aubrey.

Aubrey nodded, fighting her to hold her tears back. "We're having babies at the same time," Aubrey said.

"This is crazy," Fabiola said.

The sounds of laughter and heels on the hardwood floors outside the bathroom door reminded them that they couldn't stay hidden away forever.

"We'll figure this out later. Come on, we have to get you dressed and down the aisle," Aubrey said.

"Yeah," Fabiola said still in shock.

They had to pull themselves together and face their friends and family, not to mention Sefa, guests, the minister, caterers, and photographers awaiting them downstairs.

So they dried their eyes, tucked the positive tests out of sight, and prepared to walk out and begin Fabiola's wedding day, now filled with nerves for entirely different reasons.

It was half past five in the evening when Sefa and Fabiola's long-awaited wedding ceremony took place.

The venue was beautifully decorated. It was romantic and beautiful as possible with a lot of candles and flowers. The color scheme of neutrals, creams, and dusty rose pinks matches well with the beach and keeps it light and romantic.

It was a vision brought to life after months of meticulous planning. Fabiola wanted it to be the perfect representation of their love.

Fabiola had personalized rattan fans for everyone to use during the wedding ceremony and they were engraved with their initials and wedding date so everyone could take a piece of the wedding home with them to always remember.

For the floral arrangements, Fabiola selected pampas grass, roses, orchids, and amaranthus. The flowers were the biggest splurge. They were stunning and made the whole look come together perfectly.

As the guests found their seats, there was a buzz of excitement in the air. All eyes turned expectantly toward the back as the processional music began. Fabiola emerged looking radiant, wearing an elegant white gown and holding a bouquet of roses.

On each side of her was one of her beloved daughters, each dressed in a lovely lavender dress. They had the honor of walking their mother down the aisle on this special day. Arm in arm, the three of them slowly made their way forward, smiling joyfully.

Fabiola decided to have both of her daughters walk her down the aisle because in her eyes they each needed to get to share that special moment with her.