Chapter 27: New revelations

As Yasmin grapples with the weight of her pregnancy and the fear of Fahad's potential reaction, her suspicions of his infidelity cast a shadow over their relationship. Despite her love for Fahad, she can't shake the nagging feeling that he may have been unfaithful to her with Zarah. This uncertainty eats at her, feeding into her reluctance to confide in him about her pregnancy.
Her medical leave had since ended but she was told by Dr Samira to continue taking things easy as she still wasn't pass the risk of miscarriage. However, she still went on with her life as though things were normal spending most of her day in the hospital without paying heed to her doctor's warning.
The pregnancy was progressing fast and she had continued avoiding Fahad in fear that he would pick up hints from her growing bump and telltale signs of morning sickness.

On one hand, she longs for Fahad's love and support during this challenging time. On the other hand, she can't shake the feeling that he may undeserving of her trust and loyalty.

Meanwhile, Fahad struggles to break through Yasmin's emotional walls, his frustration and desperation reach a boiling point. Despite his numerous attempts to reach out to her, she remains distant and closed off, leaving him feeling helpless and alone in his efforts to salvage their relationship. It hurt him to think that she was suspecting him for being unfaithful however all efforts to clear things up had been unsuccessful.

With each failed attempt to connect with Yasmin, Fahad's sense of desperation grows, driving him to consider drastic measures to win back her affection. He thought of the idea of involving their parents, hoping that their intervention might help bridge the divide between them. However, the fear of having to explain what had transpired between Zarah and him stopped him in his tracks. He wrestles with the conflicting desires to preserve his pride while also longing to mend the rift between him and Yasmin.

Now with only a few days before their one year anniversary , he knows that time is running short. He must find a way to break through Yasmin's defenses before it's too late, fearing that she will request for a divorce after their one year agreement as promised earlier in their relationship.

With those thoughts in mind he parked his car and walked up to Yasmin's wing, knocking softly on her main door.
Ruth, the caretaker opened up the door and bowed to him in respect. "Good evening sir" she greeted.
"Evening Ruth" he answered, his eyes dancing around in search of Yasmin.
"Madam has been in her room sir since she came back from work in the afternoon" she said answering his unspoken questions.
He slowly walked up to the room and with trembling hands reached the door handles and pushed them open softly.
The cool breeze of her A.C blew on his face and he looked around the room searching for Yasmin.  He stopped dead in his tracks when he caught the sight of her curled up on the bed, her back turned to him, her form shrouded in darkness.

For a moment, Fahad hesitated, unsure of how to approach her. He longed to reach out to her, to bridge the distance that had grown between them, but he feared that his presence would only push her further away. He wanted her to console him for the difficult time he had with Zarah.
Summoning his courage, he took a step forward, his heart pounding in his chest. "Yasmin," he called out softly, his voice barely above a whisper. "It's me, Fahad. Can we talk?"

But there was no response from Yasmin, her silence echoing in the stillness of the room. His heart started beating at a faster rate as he realized that breaking through to her would be harder than he ever imagined. Yet, he couldn't bring himself to leave, knowing that he couldn't give up on their relationship without a fight.

"Yasmin" he called again, this time a little louder. As Yasmin stirred at the sound of Fahad's voice, her eyes fluttered open.
"Ouch" She winced in pain as she struggled to sit up, her movements sluggish and labored.
He quickly rushed to her sides, his hands reaching out to support her. "Are you okay?"
Concern etched across his face, his voice laced with worry and genuine concern.
Surprised by his sudden appearance in her room she gawked at him before her lips trembled as she fought to find her voice, the words catching in her throat like shards of glass. She swallowed hard, willing herself to push past the pain and speak.