Cadence Evans

My hearts is pounding under my white polo shirt. I messed up, I knew that there's always consequences to people's actions, and I should have known that it would have applied to me too. 'Shit,' I was in hot water, and I knew it

I had always gotten what I wanted. I ran this school, and no one was going to take my hard work away from me. I don't care what reports were filed against me, I don't care how many pupils came to report 'bullying incidents' because I knew it wouldn't affect me. It couldn't affect me. Daddy would fix it all. He would believe me. He always did.

 I wipe my sweaty hands against my plaid skirt.

I hear steps ascending down the long hallway in my direction. I rip my gaze of my nails and look up, releasing a breath of air I didn't know I had been holding. 'Daddy' this was going to be an easy pass he wouldn't care what I'd done, and everything would go back to normal tomorrow.

'Darling' he smiled at me full of warmth and love.

My father's smile was wide and genuine, the corners of his eyes crinkling.

I straighten my posture and lift myself from my seat, I take a step forward, my skirt swishing softly around my legs as I walk into the principal's office with my father.

'To what do I owe the pleasure?' My father smiles as he reaches out his hand to shake the principles as we enter his office.

'Mr Evans, you're a busy man,' he states coldly reciprocating the handshake.

"I am indeed a busy man, but I always have time for matters that require my attention," he replies. "What can I do for you today?"

A small chuckle escapes the principals lips.

"Are you aware of the actions Cadence is inflicting on other students?" he states, not even sparing a glance at us.

My father's expression hardened slightly as he turned his attention to me. I could feel the weight of his gaze boring into me, assessing me with a piercing intensity that made me freeze. I shifted uncomfortably under his scrutiny, feeling a prickle of unease creeping up my spine.

"I haven't done anything, I swear," I state, looking up at my father.

"I believe my daughter," my father said sharply, his voice cutting through the tension in the room like a knife. "Cadence is a good girl. She wouldn't harm a fly."

"There are multiple reports of bullying and intimidation linked to Cadence. We take these matters very seriously."

I could see the frustration in my father's eyes as he turned to me. "Cadence, is this true?" he asked, his tone demanding an honest answer.

I hesitated for a moment, unsure of how to respond. I knew that admitting to anything would mean trouble. "I... I'm not lying. why don't you trust me? " I look up at him pleadingly.

"Cadence, trust is earned, not given freely. If there is even a shred of truth to these allegations..." His voice trailed off, leaving his unspoken threat hanging in the air like a storm cloud on the horizon.

"I have called you here because from this instance Cadence is no longer a pupil in this school"

I felt a surge of panic rising, my mind racing to come up with a way out of this situation. I turned to my father, searching desperately for any sign of support or reassurance, but his expression remained cold and unyielding.

"Please, Daddy, you have to do something," I pleaded, my voice trembling with fear and full desperation. "I can't move schools. I'll change. I'll do better. Please don't let them kick me out."

"Thank you for your time," my father states, "were leaving," he says, not even sparing me glance as he leaves the principal's office.

"Daddy," I say, barely coming out as a whisper, and I quicken my pace to not be left behind.

----------------------------------------

The car ride home was painfully silent... painstakingly, each mile feeling longer than the last. The only sound was the low hum of the engine and the occasional squeak of the tires on the road. I could feel his eyes burning into me, but I couldn't bring myself to look at him. I didn't dare say a word to him due to embarrassment? No

No, this wasn't my fault. He never cared when I found my self-caught in little accidents before, so what was the problem now? Why was this different? The longer we were in the car together, the more my anger welled up.

I waited until we arrived home, the tension thick in the air like a heavy fog that clung to everything it touched. As soon as the car came to a stop in the driveway, I flung open the door and slammed it shut behind me.

'Cadence inside' I heard my father's heavy footsteps behind me.

Where else am I supposed to go?

"What is wrong with you?" he booms. "I can't even begin to express how I

I stood there, my fists clenched at my sides, my heart pounding in my chest. The anger and frustration bubbled up inside me until I couldn't contain it any longer. Whirling around to face him, the words came out in a rush.

"What's wrong with me?! What's wrong with you?" I laugh."You never cared before when I got into trouble, so why is this any different?" You always said you'd fix everything, but now that I really need you, what do you do? Nothing!"

His face darkened with a mixture of anger and hurt. "Do you hear you self-right now?"

"Where did I go wrong?" he asks himself in fit of anger.

I look up at him with tears in my eyes mimicking his voice. "Where did I go wrong. Why are you talking  about me as if I'm some of a failed experiment?."

"I've done everything I could for you, Cadence."Have you ever once thought about how your actions could affect me, we as a family have a reputation to uphold!"

"I only now realise I've spoiled you rotten."

I know he's mentally calculating what needs to be done.

"You need to go," my father mutters to himself.

My heart sank as his words hit me like a ton of bricks.

"I can no longer turn a blind eye to the problems you create. I can't keep buying others' silence, " he pleads to me "and if I let you stay here, the same cycle will continue. I can't trust myself to not let it continue. "

"So, you're throwing me away" I stare at him as tears stream down my face.

"No" he rubs his temples. "You'll go to boarding school."

I don't know how to feel.

"Please don't do this to me," I plead to no resolution. "If you love me, you'll let me stay," I whisper

He looks at me with pain in his eyes. "We're not doing this, Cadence. I'm doing this because I love you."

-----------------------------------------------------------

I hope you guys liked it. TRUST it will get better!

What do you think of our main character Cadence Evans? Did she deserve this?

I can't wait for the next chapter!

-tr1

word count: 1212