Author's Note

Hiya!

It's been years since I last posted something new on here, and of course it's a revision of my best 'selling' aka most widely received novel, Keeping A Straight Face! 

I really really miss writing and it is my dream to be a published author one day. So, in order to keep that dream alive, I'm doing my best to finish this manuscript once and for all, and I'm counting on your reads, votes, and comments to keep me accountable. 😁

For those that don't know me - Hi! My name is Jacob Sinne (real name Tyler Fleming, I just like to use my pseudonym because it sounds cool in my head lol) and I've been a writer since 2016. I joined Wattpad when I was just sixteen years old and had this big dumb dream of being a published author one day. I wrote my first novel, Keeping A Straight Face, which went absolutely gangbusters on here, amassing more than 500,000 reads! It's won several user-generated awards, was longlisted for a Watty's award in 2018, and was 'featured' (the peeps that have been on here for years will get this). I've started many other projects since then, but I keep coming back to this manuscript. 

Look. The original manuscript is dated to say the least. it has some harmful tropes in it, some really wacky plotlines (I'm looking at YOU, Bella), and some things that I really wouldn't have written nowadays. I was in highschool, and had limited life experience (but not really an excuse, just an explanantion!)

But, I wrote that book before everything; before my writing degree, before I delved into the genre and fell in love with other author's writing, before I truly fell in love with writing and editing. I really hope this revised version truly shows the world what I'm capable of, and what I originally wanted this manuscript to look and feel like. 

I hope you enjoy it. 💙

With all my love, 

Jacob Sinne xx