A Life Underground

Deep beneath the sands of the intrepid Wasteland, away from the brutal savagery its many inhabitants faced every moment of every day lay a Garden of Eden. Hundreds of sprawling complex's crafted from thickened steel scattered across the United States, all so those lucky enough to be selected could ride out the apocalypse, shoulder to shoulder in relative comfort far from the scorched earth above, all none the wiser to the pockets of humanity steadily revealing themselves in the years after the bombs dropped and life was forever changed.

So isolated was one of these bunkers, a Vault as it were aptly named, its people remained forever arrogant to the rise and subsequent fall of the NCR taking place above. Even after all was said and done, the Vault Dwellers went about their business, carrying with them smiles along with the ethics and civility of Pre-War America that was inevitably lost to time elsewhere. 

One such Dweller, a young Raven Haired, curious soul named Lucy MacLean found her self sat at a singular metal table. Shifting nervously in her sturdy seat while her naïve gaze focused on Vault 33's three person Council, each ones attention locked solely upon her, a polite grin stretched across her face glancing toward the stack on tiny placards scrawled with lines atop lines of her neatened calligraphy she hoped would prevent herself from fumbling the one thing she had craved the majority of her adult life. With one calming breath, the young woman began her meticulously planned speech.

"My name is Lucy MacLean, and I'm an active contributor to the wellbeing of my community. Repair Skills. I enjoy participating in the Young Pipefitter's Association, which keeps me active."

She stated calmly and clearly just as her beloved Father had instructed, hankering back to the hundreds of times herself and her closest friend Stephanie Harper had worked their fingers to the bone keeping the Vault's hundreds on interconnecting pipes in working order.

"Science Skills: Obviously, mine are nothing compared to my dad's, but I always relish a challenge."

Chuckling nervously, the woman pushed away the memory of almost detonating a contraption she had jury rigged from scrap in a rather misguided attempt to impress her Father. An incident which, despite her actions was resolved when she of course took full responsibility in the face of a dozen of her fellow understandably furious neighbours.

"Speech Skills: My primary passion is teaching American History, with a focus on ethics."

Lucy continued with a tiny, pleased smile stretching across her lips. Despite her initial setbacks, when it came to passing knowledge onto the next generation of Vault Dwellers, overtime it had become something of a passion, especially when her daily lessons were met with the same enthusiasm she shared for such subjects.

"I also participate in Gymnastics Clubs, Fencing Team C... Intermediate Phys Ed... and I dabble in Riflery."

The Dweller listed one after another, almost relishing in the admittedly shortened list of physical achievements. Her testament as a Gymnast stemmed from the fact that out of all other participants she excelled above all, it was the same story when the yearly Fencing competitions took place between all teams, dominating with her suipior speed and rather sneakily capitalising on her much smaller build, compared to her foes. 

Riflery on the other hand, was a different story. Despite the fact that she had given her cousin Chet some pointers, she herself was lucky to hit the outer workings of a target, never mind mange a bullseye like others could. Though such as thing was nothing to stay hung up on, seeing as she, luckily hadn't been placed on the Vault's security detail.