CHAPTER VII : BECAUSE OF YOU

After that night I felt I’m back in my real life again, fighting that cancer made me a stronger person. Through that journey that I faced I became someone who is ready conquer the world. Waking up breathing fresh air and I’m thinking about writing a diary or a journal about my life and especially our love story. I went to the shop to buy a notebook. As I got home I started to write all the memories I enjoyed and the love story of my life. I didn’t tell it to Charles yet because I will give it to him on his 25th birthday.

[One crisp autumn afternoon]
Charles felt it was the perfect time for Charlotte to meet the people closest to his heart – his family. With a mixture of excitement and nerves, Charles picked up his phone and dialed Charlotte's number. She answered with her usual cheerful tone, "Hello, Charles!" "Hey Charlotte, I was wondering if you'd like to come over to my house this Saturday," Charles said with a warm smile in his voice. "I'd love for you to meet my family. We're having a little get-together and it would mean a lot to me if you joined us." Charlotte's heart skipped a beat at the invitation. "I'd be honored, Charles. I'll be there," she replied, the smile in her voice mirroring his own.

Saturday arrived, and as the sun began to set, painting the sky in hues of orange and pink, Charlotte made her way to Charles's household. Her steps slowed as she approached the porch, a bubbling concoction of anticipation and shyness stirring in her chest. She raised her hand to knock, but before her knuckles could touch the wood, the door swung open. There stood Charles, with that same
welcoming smile she had come to adore. "Charlotte! You made it," he greeted enthusiastically. Charlotte stepped into the warm, cozy living room where the delicious aroma of home-cooked food welcomed her. Charles's family had gathered around, each of them wearing friendly smiles. Introductions were made amidst light laughter, engaging stories, and the clinking of dinnerware as they set the table together. The evening unfolded effortlessly, filled with shared stories and getting to know one another.

Charlotte found herself enchanted by Charles's family; their warmth and made her feel at home. They swapped tales of childhood adventures, discussed their favorite books and movies, and even bonded over the card game they played after dinner. As the night wore on, the stars twinkling in the sky outside, Charlotte realized that the nervousness she had felt was completely unfounded. She felt a genuine connection with each family member, and their acceptance of her was palpable. Charles's mother shared anecdotes of Charles as a child, giving Charlotte a glimpse into the life of the man she cared so much about.

His father showed her childhood photos, and his siblings pulled her into their friendly banter, as if she had been part of it for years. When it was time to leave, Charles walked Charlotte to her car, expressing his gratitude for her coming. "Thank you for tonight, Charlotte. It meant the world to me," he said, holding her hand gently. Charlotte beamed up at him, "Thank you for inviting me. Your family is wonderful, and tonight was perfect." They stood for a moment, under the glow of the porch light, the cool night air wrapping around them. The evening had been filled with laughter, good food, and heartfelt moments that Charlotte would treasure.
As she drove away, Charlotte knew that this night was just the beginning of many beautiful memories she would build with Charles and his family. Love had a way of bringing people together, and tonight had proven just that.

In a charming corner of town where the gardens were lush and the neighborhood tightly-knit, Charles' parents, Amelia and Ethan, felt it was the perfect moment to strengthen the bond between their son and his significant other, Charlotte. Ever since Charles and Charlotte's relationship had blossomed, Amelia had been eager to learn more about the woman who had captivated her son's heart. One sunny morning at the breakfast table, Ethan, with his reading glasses perched on the tip of his nose, glanced at Amelia and said, "How about we invite Charlotte and her mother over for dinner this weekend? It'd be a nice way for us to get to know her family better." Amelia's eyes lit up at the idea. "That's wonderful, Ethan! A dinner would be perfect. I can already imagine the lasagna and apple pie I'll prepare."