Chapter 10

*Please leave respectful comments about Paige and Azzi, anything that goes too far I will be removing. This is all for fun and all fictional. I am not assuming or forcing anything*

———-

"PAIGE" Amaya yells as she runs towards her former high school teammate, interrupting her shoot around, and wraps her in a hug.

"I'm so happy to see you" Paige says hugging the girl back as the teams videographer captures the moment

"Dude how's it feel to step on this court again? Last time you were here we won state" Amaya says smiling at Paige

"It's unreal. But only one of us is gonna win today" Paige smirks trying to get under her friends skin

"Well you're on my court P, better watch out" Amaya says jokingly

"Mhm, we'll see about that" Paige laughs. "Let's meet up after the game and swap jerseys" Paige adds

"Yea for sure, I would wish you luck, but I don't want you to have any luck today" Amaya laughs as they both start walking back to their teams for warm ups

"I don't need luck, I got pure talent" Paige smiles as she turns around and begins shooting again, draining a three.

"The environment in this arena is unreal" Paige says looking up at the sold out crowd as they are waiting for the starting lineups to be announced.

"They're here for you" Azzi says next to the girl

"Yea P, all these people are here to show their support for you" Nika says

"Yea I know, I'm just so grateful I get to be here with you guys, and for you guys to see my hometown" Paige says referring to her team

"We're happy to be here" Aaliyah says smiling at Paige

Soon after the starting lineups are announced for both teams and the game begins.

The game has an ugly start to it. Neither team flowing offensively and struggling to make shots. It's super scrappy and physical. But just like in the Maryland game the girls are gutting it out and throwing that first punch so they can take control.

The huskies defense is a huge part of them maintaining their lead as they are struggling to make shots. They take pride in their defense and want that to dictate their wins and losses, and have their offense their offense to dictate how much they win by.

So even though their offense isn't as good as it normally is in this game, their defense stepped up and helped hold the lead against Minnesota, for a good ugly win with the score being 62-44.

Paige didn't score in the second half of the game. The emotions of the game getting to her, knowing everyone in the building is here to watch her play. She wanted to put on a show for everybody but just couldn't get out of her own head.

But that didn't stop the fans from lining up outside the locker room after the game asking for photos and autographs from the blonde as well as her other teammates.

The team was signing autographs up to an hour after the game before Geno ushered them on the bus or they would miss their dinner reservation.