→ 𝐈.𝐈𝐈𝐈

.

ACT I
CHAPTER III

the first ball of the 1815 season

THAT EVENING, VIOLET Bridgerton walks inside with her arm in her second son's, following the viscount and viscountess who have Eloise and Colin in between them. The soft lavender of her dress matching beautifully with her son's blue vest. The mother holding onto her son with great pride, her family has always been her greatest pride. Even when the Ton doesn't see it, her family will always be something she is proud of.

"Kate told me this morning that you are smitten by a lady," there is a soft tease in Violet's tone as she looks over all the people of the Ton who are already present.

"I already told you about the lady," Benedict muses a little uncomfortable, "right after the masked ball of Lady Danbury." His back straightened in unease as he feels the watchful stares of the Ton.

Violet smiles up at her son, "yet with all those years passed I thought you had forgotten her." She nods to her children and daughter-in-law. "There is someone I want you to meet."

The mother and son cross the dancefloor to the Crawford's and Dalton's. Benedict unsure of his mother's intentions. Remembering how she did the same for Eloise last season, and how much a pitied her, to the extend he would help her to get out of it. How he wishes his dear sister was here too safe him now.

"Richard," Violet smiles at the husband of her late-friend Adele. "Good evening, Countess Dalton," Violet nods her head politely at Diana. "This is Benedict, my second eldest."

"A pleasure to see you again," the baron smiles the Bridgerton woman, "I think you remember my daughter, Jessamine, from when she was little." He pulls a young woman closer to him and away from the conversation she is having with a man besides her, making her pout for a second before she realises the company she is in.

"You grew up beautifully," Violet smiles kindly at the young woman who nods politely. "You look just like your mother, but I am sure you have heard that a lot already."

"Thank you, Lady Bridgerton," Jessamine bows slightly as she receives the compliment.

Diana Dalton smiles at her niece before redirecting her attention at the two Bridgerton's. "Besides my dear niece is my oldest, Gideon. My husband and I are trying to introduce him more into society," the last part is whispered to the two other parents. Yet doesn't go unheard by the other three present, making Benedict sigh softly as he is not alone, yet he also realizes that he is a bit older than Gideon Dalton.

"Mother," Gideon sounds tired with the little pushes he gets from his parents, "why must you tell that to people?" His eyebrows scrunched as he sees his cousin's teasing smile.