Chapter 30

Recap

Julie found the parcel, opened it and saw a book titled "You can't escape". She looked for a note or sender's name, there was none. She was too worked up to guess the sender as there was no lead.

She kept thinking when there was a knock at the door. "Come in" expected Ann, as there would be, no one else knocking her door.

She got out and saw a plate of food. She wondered who would get her fresh food when she was on penalty. Anyways, she took the plate and started eating as she was really hungry.

Kevin turned back when she took the plate in, to find a smiling Lee who gave a questioning look on what he did.
"For senior Kingston" said Kevin, in turn he gave the same look, noticing the fruits basket on Lee' hand. He replied "for Junior Kingston" they both shrugged and left in opposite direction. There was another knock on Julie's door, it was fruits basket this time. Julie sat in complete confusion, looking at the anonymous parcels.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Julie kept staring at the book for a long time, eating the apple from the basket. She did not know whether it was a random gift or does it has any hidden message behind it. If so is it the title or the content? She had numerous doubts popping in her head. Is there some creepy stalker behind this or just a casual gift from some friend? Friend? But she did not know anyone in the camp, except Angela, though one or two faces she had seen in the office, but no one she knew would consider her as a friend to send a gift. But if so from any friend, they would have left a note by enclosing their identity. Why would someone send an anonymous gift? She zoomed on the title intently "You can't escape" must be any serial killer? She racked her brain about the gift when Angela entered her room.
"What a treat?" she danced in excitement, looking at her plate, untouched desserts and the fruits. Julie remind unbothered when Angela took her delicious looking dessert.

"How could one person eat so much? Senseless people! Don't you worry about wasting food, I would help you finish it"She enjoyed it and offered some to Julie

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

"How could one person eat so much? Senseless people! Don't you worry about wasting food, I would help you finish it"
She enjoyed it and offered some to Julie.

"Stop ogling at the book, is it dark romance or any erotic novel?" She gave a mischievous smile.
Julies cheeks turned red at her open shameless question.
"Ann!!!" she whined and turned the book cover towards Angela.
"It has neither a note nor any mention about the sender, it is eating my head up"
"Also, who would have sent the food and the fruits? Both came at a different time, means two different people must have sent them"
"Isn't it obvious that Kevin and Lee must have sent this? Because only they knew that you have skipped the meal" Angela stated the obvious.
"Do you think that they would ever dare? Do such things behind Sr Kingston's back?"
Julie doubtfully asked.
"Who knows Mr.Grumpy himself would have sent you this"
"I'm sure he's not that gracious" Julie declared.
"About this book, come, let's check with the receptionist"
Angela took Julie to the office. The receptionist checked with the ledger and said "there is no mention about this parcel, but can you see? That is Kingston corporation's watermark on the cover"
Julie and Angela looked at each other in confusion. However, they thanked him and got back to the room.