Chapter Thirty Five

I know.

IT'S BEEN FOREVER!

I'm so sorry, seriously! I've been so caught in my A Levels and everything in between. I swear, it won't happen again!

I'll stop now and let you all read!

Enjoy...

Thirty Five

“Come on honey, open it up.”

I pursed my lips.

I had been continuously pacing back and forth for the past hour. I was in Nana’s home, not so patiently waiting for the letter I knew was to come today. Drake had dropped me off and apologised for having to leave me because of some meeting with the gang. I remember teasingly telling him to kick some ass for me. Although he appreciated the lightness to the gang, I knew he felt bad that he couldn’t be with me today.

“Rosie?”

Now that I had the letter in my hands, I wished for his presence. My legs were rooted to the ground and my breath was held as I thought how easy things could be if they gave me the consent. It felt like the whole weight of the world was placed in my palms. I felt both suffocated and small.

‘Please, let this be what I’ve always wanted,’ I internally begged.

I looked once at Nana, she held a reassuring look in her eyes. I looked once; a little more lingering on Tommy, he held a confused look in his eyes. I took a deep breath, nodded at no one particular and opened the letter.

Dear Miss Addams,

You are allegedly been consented to hold the title of, Tommy Addams, Legal Guardian. There is a copy of all the signed papers attached and have also been sent to your attorney…

I didn’t need to read anymore, the letter had already fallen from my hands and Nana wasted no time in picking it up and scanning the words herself. It didn’t feel real; maybe I had read it wrong. But when Nana embraced me in a hug, her laughter ringing in my ears, I was pulled out from my trance.

There were tears rolling down my cheeks and when she pulled back, I saw her own tears rising to the surface. Then I shrieked so surprisingly loud before swooping down and picking Tommy up and into my arms. I spun him around and his giggles filled the room, mixed with the laughter of Nana and I.

“I can’t freaking believe it!” I shrieked as I fell back onto the couch, taking Tommy down with me. He sat on my lap with the biggest grin on his face and the best part was that he didn’t know what was happening.

“Why are you smiling so big hey?” I asked with my own smile mirroring his own.

“Because you’re happy so that makes me happy!” he declared, his blue eyes so bright with brotherly love. It spoke straight to my heart and I felt like I was going to explode with all the emotions rushing through me.

“Well shall I tell you why I’m happy?” I smiled secretly, running my fingers through his short hair before squeezing his cheeks lightly.

He nodded enthusiastically, laughing as I flicked his small nose.

“Guess who gets to officially live with me? Guess who gets to always be with me? Guess who will now always be mine? Guess who no one can ever take away from me? Guess!” I questioned him with a smile that could burst. I saw Nana hold such a loving, happy expression as she watched Tommy’s eyes widened and his mouth drop open as I shouted, “You! It’s you!”