Chapter 12

Sweet as Venom

Chapter 12

Saxon's Point of View

    She was acting like nothing happened between us. How could she be so calm and collected and I was going out of my mind thinking about her! She hadn't gone and rebelled or made me jealous. She hadn't acted like I expected a teenager to act. Instead she was acting like nothing happened.

"Sax you coming to bed?"

I glanced over my shoulder at Libby. She was sitting on the bed, looking at me. I swallowed my whiskery and stared back at the papers in front of me. If I hadn't ran into her in Kelly everything would be different.

"Sax what's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"Come on just tell me. You've been acting distance for days now? Is club business or is it me?"

Neither, it was Gabriella.

"Nothing is wrong."

"Fine then put whatever it is down and come to bed."

I didn't see the point at least this could distract me. Laying in bed I just wondered what Gabriella was doing. How she was feeling. If she was really over me. Was there nothing there to begin with? Maybe that's why she was so fast to move on.

"Yeah sure." I put the glass down and made my way to bed. I was thinking about her anyway. Might as well do it laying down.

Gabriella's Point of View

I was staring up at the ceiling thinking of only one thing. Saxon. How did he expect me to react after he pulled me aside at the party? Did he expect me to just jump in his arms and say sure I would love to be your girl on the side.

Just because he couldn't make his mind up didn't mean I had to wait around for him. I threw the blankets back and got up. Another day and another day on holidays. Which meant no school. I had been spending my time with Ice and Anderson.

Leigh frowned upon it but I think personally he was happy to have me around not causing trouble.

I put my bikini on then put on a dress over top. I was planning on going to the beach today. The drive was only half an hour.

I had my bag packed and was walking across the lot when Ice spotted me. Just my luck everyone was outside. It was this weather. The next thing I had to do was even worse. I had to ask Saxon if I could borrow the truck.

I walked towards them. Saxon was leaning against a pole, smoking and watching me.

The boys were sitting around a picnic table.

"Um Hi Saxon." I fiddled with the strap of my bag.

"Gabriella."

"I was wondering if I could borrow the truck. I was planning on heading to the beach for the day."

"What you're going to the beach!" Ice was up and walking towards us. "Where was my invitation?"

"Or mine." Anderson sung over his shoulder.

"You know the beach sounds like a really good idea Sax, it's so hot." Libby came out of nowhere and was at Saxon's side.

This couldn't be happening.

"Um so can I borrow the truck or not?" I asked giving Saxon a pointed look. The last thing I wanted was Libby joining us.

"We can take my car. Anyway Sax you said you had nothing on today. The boys want to go and Gabriella won't be by herself." Libby smiled at me.

Sweet as VenomOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara