Chapter Twenty - Dreams

What do you think of the new cover? I'll make another eventually.

Sunday night on a school night for the kids is just another boring night... back home Alejandro and I would spend the night watching movies while procrastinating on work. But that is why we made Sunday 3 to 5 work time and after that devotion to our children and after that devotion to our selves.

Marriage tip number 51 in my head always make time for one another. Keep that spark alive.

But the spark is on lukewarm right now as we spend this time apart and I'm truly hating it. We both know the attacks taking place are from Sol. But without evidence, there is nothing we can do. Therefore I think of all the good times, the trips, the moments of our marriage that lead us to fall in love with one another over the years. Though for the good part of those years were spent it as friends and trying to find the clarity of all the emotional connections that we were making.

I smile at the memory of the time we got lost in the woods on a snow day by our old house in Sweden. Nina was with her Nana while Alejandro tried to find our way after getting lost in a snowstorm in the woods in a not so glamorous day. It took five hours waiting in a cave sharing childhood stories until we were found by a rescue team. Thankfully Nana knows me well when I say we'll be back in two hours we will be back in two hours and if we're going to be late one of us would call.

Sooo yeah, Nana knows that time is key in our lives.

Staring out into the skyline from the apartment I hear the elevator ring and the sounds of sliding doors open. I turn around and smile as he, the man I love waltz in with flowers, roses in hand. I rush to him as we finally embrace feeling safe and sound. Feeling home in his arms no place I will rather be than here. "I've missed you so much my amor," he said as he held me close in his arms. I felt in such bliss for him to be here.

"The children and I have missed you too so much," I said as he leans down to kiss me.

"I've missed them so much but it's late and they're both sleeping aren't they." he question, Nodding my head. "I'll see them in the morning then."

"Staying the night then?" I asked him curiously.

He nods "Yes I NEED to spend time with my family and start talking to baby here," he said as he caressed my small baby bump. I couldn't help but to smile and smile I did.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fog is all over the woods, it's heavy and moist. The maze is greenier then usual it must if have been raining a lot lately.

"MAMA!" I hear Nina's voice, she sounds frightening, where is she.

I look around starting to panic. "NINA!"

"MAMA HELP ME!! SHE IS GOING TO GET ME!" my eyes widen, my heart starts to beat hard and fast. My baby is in danger I start to run towards the sound of Nina's voice. Stumbling threw the heavily fogged and wet maze. "NINA" I shouted out "MOMMY! SAVE ME" I hear her frightened voice so close yet so far. I stopped at my tracks when the sound of menacing female laughter. I start running...

left turn

right turn

right turn

left turn

left turn

left turn

right turn

Nina is standing in the middle of the center, her hair is damp, eyes cold and tired, filled with fear and she's shaking! MY BABY!! Fear filled my heart! My soul! I ran towards her ready to wrap her in my arms and keep her warm and safe! Right before I can reach her Nina screams!
"MAMA!!" She disappears

I drop to my knees gasping scared for my child! Where is she my heart is jolting! I'm panicking! My baby and then there is that menacing psychotic laughter again it's coming from behind me. I stand up and turn around Sol is holding my child against her will.

Sol's eyes look tired and filled with hate. Her clothes wet and dirty. She didn't say anything Nina was in shock. Everything happens so fast in the blink of an eye my child was on the floor lifeless and Sol nowhere to be found. All I could was her laughing in victory. I crawled to my little girl her body cold and without a hint of warmth. I screamed as tears started to race down my face. All the pain my heart feeling like a knife had been jagged into it. My Nina...my baby is gone...

I woke up breathing hard with tears racing down from my eyes. Sitting up quickly and racing out of my bedroom with Alejandro calling my name as I walk into Nina's room and dimly turn the lights on and check on her and her brother. Both sleeping peacefully and breathing.

I calm down and walk back to my room. Alejandro waiting at the door for me. He knows I was crying my eyes show the proof after all.

"Bad dream?" He asked
I nodded but say nothing. We go lay down back in bed and cuddle clothes feeling safe and sleepy.

I will not let anyone harm my children.
No one! Never mess with a lioness and her cubs why? Because she's dangerous, she will fight to the death to protect her babies. And that's what I will do.
I'm a lioness after all.