28. Making Choices

SURPRISE SURPRISE! XD

Dedicated to SonyaTLippert for your kind and wonderful words of wisdom. I really really appreciate you so much! ♥♥♥

A huge shoutout to smileandme for all your support and encouragement!

Picture of the side is of Cole (left) and Zuerien (right) before their big fight :D

This chapter is unedited so please excuse the grammatical errors.

___

Suzzanah's POV

My eyes shot away from the dark hooded man just in time to catch Master Cole disappear from his spot on the ring and appear a mere foot away from Zuerien. With his feet apart, his right hand pulled back and his fist clenched, he swung it forward aiming right at Zuerien's face.

I didn't even have time to gasp as his fist flew forward at a rate so alarming that I nearly didn't see it. His hand was a mere inch away from Zuerien's jaw, when in the blink of an eye Zuerien bent his head and body underneath Master Cole's arm avoiding collision.

Before Master Cole could even withdraw his arm, Zuerien swung his leg off the ground and his right knee crashed hard into Master Cole's abdomen sending him reeling backwards to the other side of the ring emitting a cacophony of excitement from the crowd. Master Cole dug his feet into the ground stopping his fall before immediately propelling his body forward, throwing yet another punch at the speed of light at Zuerien chest.

Zuerien spun away from his attack and ducked under yet another punch before sidestepping a kick thrown his way. Master Cole threw punch after punch, never directed at the same place twice. Zuerien dodged them all but didn't attack even once.

"What's wrong Alpha?" I heard Master Cole shout through another attack, "Not even gonna try to take a shot at me?"

His arm spun around, elbow barely missing Zuerien's jaw, "You think you'll win against me with only defense?" he asked.

Zuerien blocked Master Cole's kick with his forearm just before it collided with his abdomen, "Well, think again", Master Cole shouted smiling victoriously, "I'm your Beta for a reason"

I didn't have time to ponder that word as Master Cole spun in the air aiming a roundhouse kick into Zuerien's side. Zuerien bent under it, his head avoiding the violent contact by mere centimeters only to be caught off guard by Master Cole's punch which landed hard in his shoulder. The right side of Zuerien's body was pushed back by the impact of the hit, emitting a symphony of shocked gasps from the spellbound crowd. A bout of loud thunder rumbled throughout the grounds and all eyes went wide in disbelief.

I shot off my seat, just in time to catch the scowl on Zuerien's face being illuminated by a burst of lightening. And before the light had even disappeared from the suddenly stormy sky, Master Cole was thrown across the ring and he crashed into the steel pole at its edge after Zuerien's hard fist collided violently with his chest. Shocked cries erupted from the crowd as the steel pole bent backwards, nearly breaking at the impact of Master Cole's body.

I cringed as Master Cole jumped to his feet immediately, facing Zuerien who now wore a dark expression. Master Cole snorted before rolling his shoulders in anticipation. A gust of wild wind descended from the dark thundering sky and crashed onto the grounds raising a huge cloud of dust and sand which was splayed all around the field like waves in a tumultuous sea. A slow stream of water started to fall from the sky, making it harder to see the two men in the ring.