Chapter Thirty

After eating at Grandma's Restaurant without being noticed, Lucy and Harry wore their winter jackets, gloves, hats and boots and walked to Bentleyville, which was only a couple streets over. Bentleyville, erected around Christmastime, was a walkway of lights that filled the sky. For miles around, the lights could be seen as a parade of joy. The illuminations blinked and pondered guiding them down the path, as if nothing would ever be dark again.

 The illuminations blinked and pondered guiding them down the path, as if nothing would ever be dark again

"Welcome to yet another tourist trap," Lucy stated.

Harry chuckled beside her.

The young couple entered the large circle. On a Tuesday night, it wasn't too busy but people were around. With the bright lights, yet no one noticed them. It wasn't just that no one expected them there but the fact that no one wanted to know they were there. No one looked for them. No one wanted to take pictures of them. They weren't important.

Following the path, the couple went around the circle, taking less than an hour. Though beautiful, the Christmas lights weren't going anywhere any time soon. The artworks of the lights only moved a tiny bit. The most time they spent was by the water, where the shoreline met the Christmas lights. A scent rolled off the water, and snow filled the air, spreading across the young couple.

Harry looped his arms around Lucy to hold her for a little longer as they stared at the Lift Bridge and the water that seemed to go on forever. His face touched hers, the only skin to skin contact, and she scorched him. His blue eyes found her. Tears brimmed his eyes. He said it to her every day, yet she never agreed. She was beautiful.

"Harry?" Lucy watched him closely, worry on her face.

He blinked away the tears. "It's really cold."

She nodded. 

The couple didn't wait in the line for Santa Claus, so they moved through park quickly. Coldness prickled Harry's skin, and his nose began to run. Lucy decided he had too much time outside today. If he spent anymore time outside today, ice would grow in his veins. They went back to the hotel.

Harry slid his boots, jacket and gloves. He wished to shed his clothing too. Even with the heat in the room, coldness flooded his veins. Jumping into bed, Harry threw the covers over him, as if to hide. Lucy took off her jacket and shoes, placing them in the corner. Since the two shared a bed, she climbed under the covers. Their heads poked out from the covers.

"Warm yet?" Lucy asked.

"I don't think I'll ever be warm again," he complained.

Sliding close to him, Lucy's arms and legs got tangled around him. Her arm moved across his shirt and down to the other side with her body slightly on top of his. Her warmth spread across his body, but he wanted more. Lucy was willing to give it.

Her lips landed on his, soft at first, and then heavy and heavier. She lasted a little bit longer on his lips, and Harry breathed her in. Lucy's head went back a bit, and he follow, cranking his neck to kiss her again. His lips planted on hers. He took control. Harry's hands ran up and down her body, feeling her through her clothes. Both of them were yet fully clothed. Lucy shook her head and gained the power again as she laid on top of him.

Lucy withdrew for a second, a smile on her lips. Blue eyes watching, she sat up for a moment. Lucy pulled off her sweater, revealing her tight tank top. Her curves carved and scars mapped her skin. Since dating Lucy, Harry had been able to see many scars, but he got excited to see more tonight. Her fingers curled under her dark tank top and she yanked it over her head. Harry tried to take it all in, but he needed more time. He needed forever.

Fingers curled together, and Lucy leaned down. Her lips touched his cheek, but Harry moved his head to kiss her on the mouth. His fingertips brushed her skin, running across her scars. The indents were roads, and he wanted to travel. He kissed her deeply, which was only broken as his shirt was pulled over. His lips smashed into hers again.

Harry sat up now; Lucy on his lap. The covers had been thrown off to the side. Both wore pants, going nowhere else soon. Her fingers curled into his hair and felt the back of his neck. She held on. His fingers found the back of her bra, and he began to try to unhook it. Fingers fumbling with it, Lucy did it herself. Her bra fell off her shoulders and she let it fall off the bed. Harry let his eyes travel down and saw her bra-less for first time.

He swallowed. Nerves started to take over. Harry stuttered, "How many people do you think have had sex in this bed?"

Pulling back to get a full view of him, Lucy grew still. "I don't know." Her voice was tight.

"Think of it, though."

Lucy sighed. "How many people have had sex on your bed?"

"That's my bed."

"Yeah, but how many girls have there been?"

Harry didn't want to answer.

"Exactly."

After a few seconds, Lucy started to kiss Harry again. He didn't fight her. His lips pulled on hers, like he wanted more. He wanted all of her.

"Luce," he breathed, "really, how many people have had sex on this bed?"

She glared at him.

"I'm ruining the moment."

"Yeah." Annoyance filled her voice.

Already out of breath, Harry asked, "Are you sure?"

"Yes. Are you?"

"Yes."

"Really, because you don't seem so?"

"I am, really. I want to." His hands slid up and down her body, feeling the curves. He couldn't wait to see what lied underneath all the clothing. "I'll go get a condom."

Rolling off the bed, Harry was quiet. His shirt was off but his jeans were still on. While over by his suitcase, he pulled off his socks and pants, revealing the underwear he put on earlier. Lucy still wore her pants and underwear. Harry bent down and dug through his suitcase until he found a box of condoms.

"You have condoms in your suitcase?" Lucy wore a confused look on her face. "That's very confident of you."

"I want to be prepared." Harry climbed back into bed with her. "And I am."

After a moment, Harry had shed his underwear and put on the condom. Her pants were next and then her underwear. His lips landed on hers, and he tried not to leave them. At some point, he did. There wasn't calmness in the room that night. There wasn't silence.

In the morning, light streamed in through the white curtains, when the lights had been turned off long ago

In the morning, light streamed in through the white curtains, when the lights had been turned off long ago. It was back to being cold in the room, and the young couple hid under the heavy covers. His arms curled around her body as they slowly woke up together.

Her eyes wandered up to him, and he smiled at her. "You're beautiful."

"Shut up." Lucy rolled her eyes but continued to lay beside him, bodies touching.