X. The Unwanted Party

brb while i jUMP OUT OF A WINDOW IM SO SORRY LIKE UGH I HAD MAJOR WRITERS BLOCK AND I STILL KINDA DO BUT I'LL JUST TRY TO UPLOAD SOMETHING I KNOW IT'LL BE A PRETTY SHITTY CHAPTER OK THERE IS NOTHING GOING ON AND I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE THIS IS GOING SO PLEASE JUST BARE WITH ME FOR NOW, OK?

I MEAN I HAVE SCHOOL SHIT TO TO DO, I GOT A NEW CAT, IM SICKER THAN SHERLOCK'S MIND AND WELL OF COURSE, WRITERS BLOCK OKOK SO I HOPE TO STRIKE A NEW IDEA SOON.

Ps: to make up for my absence, I'll give you some fluff bc you deserve it.

MKAY NOW TO CH. 1O.~~~~

Chapter 10: The Unwanted Party

~. . . .~

An Original Short Story 

By TheBirdWhoCannotFly

~. . . . ~

 Jamie~

Adrian blurting about how we were dating made me internally cringe. No one in this town knows about me not walking the straight line except my mom, Adrian, and of course now his brother. What if he tells people? Everyone would know. I would be the laughing stock of the school.

Wait. This not only affects me, but also Adrian. If people find out about him too, they'll pick on him even more. I couldn't let that happen. Or, I could not let him go through it alone anymore. If they find out, I won't run. I'm tired of running. I'll stay and take it like a man. With Adrian by my side. 

"Wow. Well, okay. I guess this is shocking. But, hey, you're happy? With him, I mean?" Jay asked, pointing between Adrian and I. He turned his head up to look at me. A sweet smile played at his lips. But something heavy weighed on his mind. Clearly, something was wrong. Something he wasn't telling me. 

He nodded and I squeezed his hand.

"I'm not entirely a ball of sunshine, but being with Jamie... he makes it better." I was glad to be of some use. I felt those words represented both me and him. When I was stuck in that hellhole, all I thought about was Adrian. He was the only reason I lasted that long. But, even in the end, it still wasn't enough to not try. Don't get me wrong. I love Adrian, not that I would be admitting that out loud for a while, but somethings can't be cured by love. Especially when that love is one sided. 

Yeah sure. Adrian likes me a lot, I can tell. But I know he doesn't love me. Maybe he'll get to that point sometime. But right now all he needs to worry about is himself. And he's all I need to worry about.

"... I'm happy for you guys. Does Mom and Dad know?" Adrian shook his head with a panicked expression. 

"No! Please don't tell them! They don't even know he exists!" If they find out, it's all over. They want Adrian to be like Jay. Jay is straight, I believe. Adrian dating a guy is not like Jay. They won't like it. I already know that much.

"Okay okay I won't tell them." A sigh of relief came from us both. It was quiet for a while. "Hey, er, Jamie?" I nodded. "Yeah, um can you give Adrian and I some time to talk?" Jay asked. It was obvious they needed to talk about some things. Us. His parents' abuse. His anxiety. Plus, it was getting pretty late.

"Sure. Of course. I should probably be getting home anyways." Adrian looked disappointed. I smiled reassuringly.

"I'll see you at school tomorrow?" He asked. 

"Why wouldn't you? We have four classes together and we sit next to each other in every one." I kissed him on the head, thinking he wouldn't want one on the mouth in front of his brother. "Goodbye, Love." I grabbed my coat off the chair and walked out the house.