7: Saving The Mess

I licked my lips and smirked at him, trying my best to hide my emotions.

On the outside, I looked calm. But on the inside, I was actually panicking right now.

How the heck did he even suspect me? I had tried my best to be so cautious in whatever sh*t I did in parties.

I raked my fingers across my hair and stared right into his eyes, showing to him that I was perfectly serious.

"I'm not Gemini," I paused, figuring words to make this look as smooth as possible. "But I have been mistaken as her a couple of times."

He stared at me intently before nodding his head, though he still looked slightly unconvinced.

"Thanks for your blazer, Chase. I will return this to you next time." I winked, pulling away from him as I turned to leave.

His hand stopped me, staring down at me intensely. "When will I be able to see you again?"

I merely smiled. "When we are fated to meet again." I leaned in and forced myself to plant a kiss against his cheek and began to leave, my hands curled into a fist as I silently smirked to myself.

Gigi shall vanish from the Earth from now onwards. Tonight would be the last night when she appeared.

Only this way I could save myself from the trouble I had gotten myself into.

+++

I walked into the school with my head lowered and continued to make my way towards my locker.

Exchanging books, I slowly closed the door when my back hit a wall.

Raising a brow, I slowly turned around to be met with Roderick's intense stare.

"Gigi." He whispered huskily while I stood there frozen with my raised brow staying in place.

I turned to look behind me to see nothing and looked back. "Who are you calling?" I asked, feigning ignorant.

He pushed me until my back hit the locker. "Stop lying in my face, Gemini. You are Gigi at the party, aren't you?" He demanded, making everyone turn to stare at us.

"I'm not." I timidly replied back, trying my best from lashing out at him.

Even if he had found out, making a scene was unnecessary.

"If she said she's not, then she's not." A voice rang in my ears as I looked up to see Chase walking towards us openly.

Of all people, he had to be the one who saved me. Can this day get any worse?

Roderick began to clap his hands as he patted his back. "What now, Chase? Turning into a new leaf already?" He sneered, punching his shoulder while Chase stayed nonchalant.

"Guess what? I'm no longer a part of your group so, she's mine to deal with." He warned, glaring at him.

"You better watch your back, Chase Barrett."

Sh*t just got real. What was that? An internal conflict between the toughest members who bullied the weak.

Never knew this day would happen all because of my partying self, Gigi.

But sometimes, I had wished none of these ever happened.

A hand rested on my shoulder as I looked up to see Chase's concern eyes. I flinched slightly and took a step back instinctively, thinking that he would bully me again.

He retracted his hand upon noticing my state, silently cursing himself. "Don't worry I'm not going to hurt you. I'm never going to hurt you again." He promised, raising his hands up in surrender.

"I don't believe you. This is some kind of joke, right?" I hissed, side-stepping him as I walked away from him and quickly brisk-walked to my first lesson.

If I ever believed his words, I would be the world's most dumbest girl in history.

+++

Vote. Comment. Share.

Enjoying this book? Add this book to your library and your reading list.

10th August 2016