Chapter 21

Leo^^^^

//EDITED// 

I try to wake up Grandpa.

"He isn't dead, he is asleep," I whisper to myself.

I keep shaking him but he won't open his eyes.

"You're not dead. You're asleep."

Getting frustrated now, I start yelling.

"Grandpa, open your damn eyes!!!"

But he doesn't open them. They are still closed. I try hitting his chest, hoping to get a reaction, but nothing happens. His body is still limp in my arms, his chest is still as a rock, and his eyes are still closed, I start crying and bury my face in his chest.

"No...please...don't leave me...don't."

I break into more tears.

I want to scream. I want to scream and let it all out. I want to stop feeling this pain.

So I scream.

I scream so loudly that it hurts my own ears, but I don't care. I scream, but the heavy feeling still remains. I scream until I can't scream anymore and all I can do is shed silent tears.

Then the silence is broken by a groan.

I pull my face up from Grandpa's chest and look at the man lying a couple feet away from me. He has blood on his face and is trying to get up.

Anger surges through me. Pure hate washes over my eyes as I stare at the guy.

He killed him.

He killed my only family.

He's the reason I am alone now.

He's the reason I am feeling this pain again.

My eyes land on the gun next to me. The gun that killed my Grandfather. I reach for it and my hands close around the cold, hard, metal. My fingers wrap around the trigger and I slowly stand up.

The guy's back is facing me so he doesn't see me approaching. Once I am a good distance I raise the gun to his back, but I hesitate.

This is too easy.

He needs to feel pain.

He needs to beg.

Beg for mercy.

I fire the gun at the wall and hit the vase a few inches from the man's face. He snaps his head around and looks at me. I still can't see his face because of the mask, but I can see his eyes. Eyes filled with horror and fear.

Perfect.

I run towards him and punch him in the face multiple times. He tries to grab my wrists but I block his arms. Then I kick him in the stomach, making him curl into a ball. I grab him by the hair and push him into the wall. His body hits it hard and he lets out a scream.

He leans against the wall I stand a few feet away with my gun next to my thigh.

"Please don't kill me," he begs.

I stare at him, unmoved.

"Please. Black sent me. I was just following orders."

Black? That is the third time I have heard that name and I already despise it. Right now he and Walker are in a tie for first place on my kill list.

"You still pulled the trigger," I say coldly.

I raise my gun and aim at him.

"You still took him from me with your own hands."