Chapter Seventeen.

Sorry this is a short one guys but I felt it was one that was needed and I didn't want it to be super drawn out!

Wednesday...............................

She didn't get up to go to school and Jade didn't ask her too, instead she lay in her bed facing the pale gray wall. Under her blankets and sheets she was safe from everything, from her fathers fists, Missy's harsh words and Alex's lies.

Somewhere around three o'clock Jade came in for the fourth time that day to check on her. She sat on the edge of the bed, placing her hand on Belles shoulder.

"Belle, sweetheart....is there anything I can do?"

"No."

"I know it hurts, but I promise....it'll heal."

"I can't, I can't go back to school. I can't go back there, I can't face him."

"I think you need to talk to him, not today maybe not tomorrow but at some point."

"No, he's a liar. I'm done with him, I don't want to talk to him."

Jade sighed heavily and pushed Belles hair gently back from her face, a soft knock had her turning her head.

"Go, I'm not going anywhere." Belle said.

Jade stood from the bed and exited the room, she walked down the narrow hallway to the door pulling open and finding Alex on the other side of the door.

"Boy, you've got some damn nerve."

"Please, just....let me talk to Belle."

"No, are you insane? I should be calling the cops!"

"It's...it's not what you think, whatever she told you.."

"She told me everything, you know I wanted to believe you were a nice guy. I wanted to believe that you had feelings for her.."

"I do!" he interrupted.

"Well, you've got a shitty way of showing it."

"It's not what it looks like, just please tell me if Belle is okay."

"She's devastated, she's hurt, she needs time." Jade admitted.

"Okay, I can do that."

"She won't see you. Not now anyway, she doesn't want to go to school and I won't force her."

"Okay," He agreed pushing a hand through his hair.

"When she's ready to talk, she'll let you know."

"Just...tell her I'm sorry. I didn't want her to find out like that. I never meant to hurt her."

"I'll tell her," Jade agreed.

He gave a small nod and a sad smile before turning and walking down the hallway, Jade watched him go before closing the door.

"What'd he want?" A voice asked behind her and she jumped.

"Jeez Bellamy, you scared me. How long were you there?"

"Not long, what did he want?"

"He wanted to see you."

Jade walked into the small kitchen and Belle followed, the quilt from her bed wrapped around her shoulders and dragging pitifully behind her. Jade dug in the fridge until she found two rootbeers, sitting down at the table she set the sodas down and motioned Belle to join her. Belle plopped pathetically into the chair before opening her soda.

"What'd he say?" Belle asked.

"Why do you care? Thought he was a liar and you were done with him."

"Humor me?"

"He said it's not what you think, he wants to explain it to you and that he's sorry. I know it's a shitty thing to find out but....the situation wasn't perfect to begin with. I think he really does care about you Belle."

"Why would you think that? He's getting married."

"Because he still came here, he didn't have to and he sure as hell didn't need to explain anything to me but he still tried."

"It was already hard, worrying about people finding out and now....now this."

"You don't have to see him anytime soon, I'll call the school and tell them you're sick. Just....don't make any rash decisions when you're hurt and angry."

"I love him.....Jade."

"I know you do."

"Do I have to go to school tomorrow?"

"No, not if you're not ready but at some point you do. You can't throw your education away."

"Do we.....have to tell Dad?" Belle asked, half afraid of what he would do.

"No."

Belle gave a small nod and turned her can of rootbeer, watching the moisture roll down the side of the can.

"I just can't believe he's engaged," She said numbly.

"I agree, he should have told you but would it have mattered? Would you have liked him any less?"

"No, he was the first person who ever looked at me and saw me."

Jade gave her a sad smile before reaching over to take her hand and give it a squeeze.

"Here's what I think, I think tomorrow you should go to school."

"Okay."