Chapter 17- Healing

Long time no see! I am extremely proud of this story since this is the most successful one I've got but it's not even the first one, I had bragging rights to my friends. To mah friends, if one of you're reading this, HA!

And so sorry that I often change Nezi and Nagi together but it felt a bit weird at first and I changed it into Nagi but then I thought, Whatever and tried to change in the ones I remember. I don't remember all and I frankly gave up on it

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

By the time the battle was declared over, I managed to heal our wounds with the help of Haku's chakra, making me almost keel over in exhaustion, in both chakra and energy, if not for the help of Haku stabilizing me and popping in a chakra pill and blood replenishing pill in my mouth, or as it was called here Hyōrōgan and Zōketsugan respectively.

We were found by Iryō-nin who were searching for survivors and quickly brought us to the hospital to heal there. Ree was in a critical condition because her organs were punctured and needed to be regrown with chakra.

I wasn't fully healed yet. My right arm and both the pointing finger were broken from overuse and hand to be kept in a sling. Haku sat in a wheelchair as he got a broken bone on his leg. The reason why we weren't healed in a jiffy was that there were a lot of more shinobi and kunoichi who were in a critical condition and had to save their chakra for that so we weren't important.

We both sat in the chair, or maybe I sat and he sat on the wheelchair, near the operating room where Ree is in. We both didn't talk to each other. Or at least, until he said " Your eyes"

I looked up from the ground in surprise and spun my head towards him in confusion, He repeated his words once more. Seeing as I didn't get it, he elaborated.

"Your eyes changed when you saw Ree stabbed. It looked a lot different than your Byakugan" He said. Oh sh*t. I hope nobody else saw my eyes and whoever did was dead. It was the reason for everything but I am currently not sharing with anyone else. I looked at Haku apologetically

"I'm sorry Haku. I'm not allowed to tell anyone about my eyes in fear of theft." He looked into my eyes after that and smiled understandingly. I felt my heart squeezed in pain but I strengthen it. I knew it wasn't the time to tell him.

"So when the time comes. I promise that I will tell you what I know. All of it" He smiled gently at me and nodded. We reached for each other hesitantly and we both pulled us into a hug. Just when we broke out of the hug, the door to the operating room opened and we hurriedly look up. A nearby nurse told us that Ree's condition is fine but currently in a coma.

I was torn between being happy that Ree's fine but incredibly upset that she's stuck in a coma. We were both shooed out to get some rest and eat something before coming back to visit Ree once more.

So we did.

______________________________________________________________________________

[Third POV]

Nezi held Haku's handle the entire time, in fear that he would also be stuck in the same condition as Ree. Haku didn't say anything to Nezi, but understood the condition she is in, and what she might be thinking, and led her to where he was staying currently with Zabuza

"Zabuza-sama" He knocked on the door. Zabuza opened the door, exhausted and bruised, but fine over all, and looked at the brats in front of his door and let them in wordlessly. It was a grim day, where everyone was supposed to be happy that they got their promotion, yet they weren't. It was a mini-war. People from both sides died, where one mourned their fellow comrade while the other side weren't able to mourn anyone, as they weren't close to one another and knew that they were all cannon fodder only.