Chapter 7

The few days, I stayed late at work, trying to pretend that everything was okay. But really, it wasn't. My father came in as I was getting my stuff, I was just about to leave. Just seeing him, really scared me. 

"So, how is everything?" He asked. 

"Fine." I said, putting on my jacket. Just looking at him just made me flash back to what he did last weekend. He's hit us before, but never like that. It scared me very much. 

"Well, Justin called and told me that you guys want to get married at the end of this month?" 

"I guess." I grabbed my bag and then headed for the door. "Listen, I've got to go. Justin will worry if I don't get home on time." 

"Okay, well, I'll see you tomorrow." I then walked down to the parking lot and got into my car. 

Once I was inside, I just started crying. I then checked my phone to see that I had missed Justin's call. My phone went off again, as I just received a text message from Justin. 

When can I expect u home?

I then clicked on his picture and called him. 

"Where are you?" He didn't sound too happy. "You're late, why?"

I took and deep breath then spoke. "My dad wanted me to stay a little later. I'm sorry, I was going to text you, but I got caught up in paperwork."

"Sure you did, now hurry home." He hung up and I put my phone back in my pocket. I started my car and then saw that I was gonna run out of gas pretty soon. I pulled out of the parking garage and drove across the street to the gas station. 

I parked at the second gas pump and turned off the car. When I went searching for my card, I couldn't find it. Where was it? It had to be somewhere? I started to panic, until I find a note in my bag:

I got us a joint banking account, that card doesn't work anymore. New cards will be in soon. 

-Justin

Are you kidding me? I can't believe that he did that and without my permission. I kept looking in my bag and thankfully, I had a twenty dollar bill. 

I got out of the car and went inside to pay, but when I got out, Michael was pumping gas into my car. 

I walked over, but he didn't look at me, he just kept looking at the pump. 

"Well, you look like crap." He said, I stood next to him. 

"I know, but I guess this is what my life is gonna be now." I said. He turned to look at me. 

"It doesn't have to be. You have the power to change how you want your life to be." He then turned back to the pump and placed it back where it was and closed up my gas tank. "So, how is your new soon-to-be 'hubby'?"

"At home, which reminds me, I have to go." I walked over to the drivers side and just as I was about to open the door, Michael shut it. 

"Something is wrong with you. You're not yourself." I looked down. If I faced him, he would know that something was up. 

"I'm fine, but I got to go. I'm already late." I said as I tried to open the car door, but Michael was leaning on it. "Please, I have to go." 

I said as I looked up to him in his eyes and a tear fell from my cheek. He wiped my tear away and then moved out of the way. Before I got into my car, I looked back to him, as he was walking to his truck, that was next to my car. 

"I know something is up and if he is hurting you, I'll find out. Whether you tell me or not." 

"Where were you?!?" Justin yelled as I walked through the door and placed my bag on the couch. When I turned around, Justin slapped me. "You were cheating on me, weren't you? You fucking slut!"

My eyes started to water, but I didn't cry. I stood up and looked at him. "I wasn't out cheating on you, I had to stop and get gas." I then took a deep breath and then pulled out the little note he left me saying that he canceled my account. "First of all, if you wanted to have a joint banking account, you could've told me and the fact that you did it behind my back is even worst."

"It doesn't matter. You are going to be my wife and I figured why not do it now."

"I can't do this, Justin. I can't." I started to cry. "What happened to the man I fell in love with?"

"I'm right here." He said as he came closer to me, making me walk backwards until my back hit the wall. "I haven't changed. I'm still the same person." He pulled me in to embrace me, I couldn't escape. He then looked up at me and smiled. 

"You've changed. You're not the same man I fell in love with. Y-You're a monster. I can never fall in love with a monster." His face changed from smiling to becoming very pissed. He pushed me up against the wall, slapped me.

"Don't you fucking say that again." He said, then he threw me on the ground and punched me in the face. "You aren't going to end this. I'm the only one who decides if this relationship is over and it isn't." 

The only thing I remember was Justin's fist and then it all went black.