Malfoy Has A Disturbing Night Time Routine

Malfoy wasn't too happy I made him stay and make sure all the first years got into the boats and there were no stragglers. Mostly because he never got to get on the carriage with his Slytherin cronies.

"Great. Just bloody perfect. I'm stuck in a carriage with the Mudblood of her age." He muttered as the carriage started moving. I glared at him, "I can hear you, you know." He sighs, "Yeah." I roll my eyes at him.

"So, what's going on with you and weasel anyways?" He looked at me, "You guys are together now, right? Although, honestly I can't picture why." He laughed and looked at me. I tried to hide any emotion on my face.

I didn't want to give him anything else to laugh at me, or tease me about. I clear my throat and avoid his gaze. "Um. No. No, not exactly." I said, then I quickly blinked a few times and said, "Uh, I'm excited for the, th-the class." I stuttered.

Then, I put my head in my hands. "You know what, forget I said anything." I said through my hands. The bad thing... he wasn't saying anything. I looked up and his expression was guarded.

"Can you please just start teasing me or laugh at me already!" I said. I really wasn't in the mood to get made fun of. But he still didn't say anything.

I sighed. "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all I guess." I muttered. He didn't say anything and I was glad.

We got out of the carriage and walked to the Great Hall. At the doors, I said, "Don't forget to stay to figure out the Heads' stuff." He rolled his eyes, "Granger, I know." I turned at him, "Well excuse me! I was just making sure, because you were the one who forgot about coming to the Head compartment at the right time!" I smirked.

He rolled his eyes, "I didn't forget." My mouth dropped and he grinned. "You sneaky little Slytherin." I punched his shoulder and he put his hands up in surrender. I roll my eyes, "Whatever, don't 'forget' this time." He scoffs, "How could I with you reminding me?"

I roll my eyes and walk to the Gryffindor table. Ginny grins at me and pats the spot next to her on the bench. I smile and sit down. Across from Ginny, Harry was just about asleep. And next to him was... Ron. And Lavender. Of course. How could I forget about her.

However, Ron didn't look the happiest. He was sitting just like Harry, his eyes half closed, chin rested on his hand. Except, he wasn't snoring. Ginny kicked Harry under the table. "Stupify!" Harry said as he shot up. His face burned red. I laughed.

Then, I looked at Lavender. If I were her, my face would hurt from smiling so much. And if it didn't hurt enough, I could make it hurt for her. Just a thought.

Her arm was hooked with Ron's arm. She was bouncing in her seat, nuzzling Ron's shoulder every ten seconds. And kissing his cheek about every 15.

As for me, I wanted to kill her about every 2.

The doors to the Great Hall opened and a crowd of first years, some of whom I recognized from my Head Girl responsibility, burst through the door. They all had looks of amazement on their faces. I smirked. I must've looked like that when I was eleven.

Maybe I looked less amazed, mostly because beforehand I had already read every book that even mentioned something about Hogwarts. But still, reading about it was nothing compared to seeing it with my own eyes

They all lined up along the front of the platform of which the teacher's tables were located and the podium that Dumbledore always stood by when making a speech. Or during a feast.

Professor McGonagall set the sorting hat on the stool. Then, with a pop, it came to life and started to sing this year's song.

'A thousand years or more ago
When I was newly sewn,
There lived four wizards of renown,
Whose names are still well known: