Walking Back

Dang it, dang it, dang it! Why did I try to run away? I guess it was the spur of the moment thing but I was so stupid. I was standing, frozen in front of Kyle who had a huge smirk across his face. I didn’t say anything but just stared at Kyle because there was nothing to say. Even if I tried to talk, nothing would probably come out.

“You know I set up a wire so that I would be alerted if that window was opened. Did you really think I would just leave it unlocked?” Kyle asked.

I stared at the ground, embarrassed from my stupidity. I knew this was too good to be true. The fact that they let me run farther just to get tired and have the sense of hope was just cruel. I shouldn’t have fallen for their trap. A pair of arms snaked around my waist. I yelped as I whirled around to see Kayden standing as close to me as I was to Kyle. I was basically trapped between the two of them, their body heat actually warming me from the coldness of the night.

Kayden smirked as he stared down at me, his pearl white teeth showing. A chill raced up my spine as I backed up, running into Kyle. He placed a hand on my shoulder and I tried to move to the side of the two them but was held in place. My eyes closed when I felt Kyle’s warm breath against my ear.

“Let’s go.” He whispered, grabbing a hold of my right arm. Kayden then came to my left side and grabbed onto my left arm.

“Do you guys really think I’m stupid enough to run now?” I asked.

“Well I wouldn’t be surprised after this stunt you tried to pull.” Kyle said as we began to walk, both of them still holding onto my arms.

If I wasn’t tired after the several miles of running, I was defiantly tired after walking those miles back to the house. We were almost at the house and I was about to pass out from exhaustion. It was like my body just wanted to quit and shut down even though I didn’t want it too. My arms and legs were freezing and were probably covered in goose bumps.

We walked into the house, and the warmth of the house put a small smile on my face. That smile disappeared when Kyle let go of my arm and then Kayden threw me to the ground. If I hadn’t stopped myself, I would have smacked my face into the floor. I groaned, not wanting to move and to just sleep.

“I’m going to check on Brooke.” Kayden said, walking towards the basement.

I couldn’t help but sigh with relief when he said that. I hated Kayden and he was nothing but bad news. It was obvious he loved tormenting me. Kyle knelt down and helped me to my feet. He must have noticed my exhaustion because he picked my up bridal style and carried me to couch. I didn’t have enough energy to fight him back so I let him carefully place me on the couch.

He examined my knees and frowned as he stared at the cut up and dirt covered knees. I grabbed my hands and also glanced at them to see the same thing, blood and dirt. I sighed with frustration when I involuntarily shivered from still being slightly cold.

“Are you cold?” He asked.

I nodded, not trusting myself to speak. He was being really nice, even though I ran away and tried to escape. What was he planning? Was he trying to be nice just to end up hurting me? Then I was shocked when he wrapped his arms around me, pulling me closer to him. The warm of his body was actually calming for once and I didn’t hate his guts. Was that just me going cold talking or was that me actually liking him? It had to be just because I was cold.

Several minutes of his holding me in his warm arms, he let go and got up from the couch, leaving me almost falling asleep. My eyes shot open when I heard the basement door open and I knew Kayden was coming. He walked over to Kyle and whispered something in his ear but I didn’t hear what he said. Then he turned to me.

“So should I go punish the boy for her running away?” He asked Kyle, though he wasn’t looking at him.

“What? No! Please don’t. I’m sorry.” I said, standing up on my feet, despite my body protesting that I didn’t.

“No, this needs to be done and I think Kyle was clear that if you acted up, this would happen.” Kayden said, a smirk appearing on his face.

“Punish me instead. Please, it’s not his fault that I ran away.” I demanded.

“Okay fine.” Kayden said, walking over to me.

“Wait, we should wait until morning because she’ll probably pass out before we even start. We want her to remember this, right?” Kyle asked.

Kayden smiled and nodded.

“I’m going to bed in the guest room. I’ll see you in the morning.” He said smirking at me, which made chills run up my spine.

I watched as Kayden left the room and Kyle come stand next to me. Everything in the room was dizzy and I wasn’t sure if I was getting sick or about to pass out from exhaustion. It had been a really long day and I knew that tomorrow wouldn’t be any better. Then everything started to go black and the last thing I remember was falling into Kyle’s arms and him carrying me bridal style to the bedroom.

 Okay first off, sorry this is short but for once I actually have a life and was hanging out with friends yesterday and today so I didn't have much time to write and I'm sorry I left you hanging on the last chapter but here's the next one. The next chapter will be in Kyle's point of view and will hopefully be longer!

 This chapter's dedication goes to @morgana13. Thanks for commenting and reading!!! Keep it up everyone and I will hopefully update later today or tomorrow, just bare with me! Hope you enjoyed this chapter and let me know what you think will happen. :D