~Is This Real?~

History is as boring as ever, but at least I have Zach to think about and keep me entertained. I suddenly hear a ping as a text message comes through my phone. I pull it out and read the message under the desk.

Meet me at the forest outside your house tonight at 8. Z xx

I am suddenly very excited and I type a quick reply.

Ok, see you then! A xx 

I can't stop smiling for the rest of the day.

At Home

I rush home as quickly as I could to get ready. I put on some ripped jeans and a red top with holes on the shoulders. I straighten my brunet hair and let it run down my back. I put on some lipgloss, some shiny eyeshadow, add some mascara, eyeliner and I'm ready to go. I check my phone to see what the time is. it's only 6:15. I sigh. I go downstairs to find something to eat. I don't want to eat much just in case Zach brought food. Instead, I grab an apple and head back upstairs. I grab my laptop and sit on my bed. I start watching Pretty Little Liars on Netflix to kill some time. An hour and a half later I put my laptop away. I have 15 minutes to chose a pair of shoes and meet Zach outside. I decide on a pair of black ballet flats with ruffles at the toe. Since we are going to be in the forest, I didn't want something to fancy; but I also didn't want to just throw on some converse sneakers. I grab my handbag as I leave the house. I quickly check my make up and then close the door behind me. Just like he said, Zach was waiting by the forest outside of my house. I walk up to him.

"Wow, you look amazing, Autumn," Zach says sounding breathless as he takes in what I'm wearing. I give a small smile at him and he leads me down the pathway into the forest.

Zach's POV

I finish setting up our 'special surprise' just before 8 so I quickly make it back to Autumn's house and wait for her. At 8 o'clock Autumn comes out side and I am immediately breathless just at the sight of her. She is wearing this red of the shoulder top that fit her perfectly, personality wise and shape wise. She let her hair just fall onto her shoulders and that made me want to keep her close for reasons that I can't explain. "Wow, you look amazing" was all I could say to her. She gives me one of her small smiles that is so adorable on her. I lead her down the path into the forest. The sun shone down on her face as it set beyond the trees. 

Autumn's POV

I could see a slight glow coming from the clearing in front of us. As we walk closer I see blankets and pillows laid out with a picnic basket, surrounded by lanterns that are hung in the trees. A small gasp escapes my mouth as I see what's in front of me.

"Zach, this is amazing!" I turn to look at him. He looks back at me with affection showing in his eyes. 

God. Those eyes are going to be the death of me. 

We walk towards the blankets and sit down. Zach opens the picnic basket revealing the most delicious fresh fruit. The forest began to grow dark as the pink and purple fades away from the twilight sky, but the shimmering stars illuminated the night. The birds stop singing their sweet songs, and it feels like it is just the two of us. Alone. Long after we finished all of the fruit, we lie back looking at the stars. Zach turns on his side to face me and I turn to look at him. His eyes shine bright in the moonlight and the glow from the lanterns light up his face. He fixes his hand into mine. I look at our hands and then back at his face.

 "Thank you for making this an amazing date Zach," I say to him with a hushed tone. For some reason I don't want to talk to loud unless I'll break this moment and I'll wake up from this dream.

"It's not over yet you know" he whispers back to me as he leans in closer to me. He gently starts kissing my neck as he works his way up to my lips. I kiss him back with as much passion. He plays with my hair as I wrap my arms around his waist. I taste the same sweet caramel and honey like I did the first time we kissed. I really don't want this night to end, I just want to stay in his safe arms forever. We kiss again. This time I roll over on top of him as he holds my waist. Zach then rolls over, so that he is pinning me down on the blankets. His muscly arms bends down so that he can kiss me again. Even though there was no noise, my beating heart made it seem so loud. We go back on our sides and stare at each other. This is the moment where I realise that I truly want Zach, not Ryan. I ask myself, then why am I pranking them?  Because Nicole betrayed me! And she isn't getting away with it.  

Zach grabs my hand then smiles at me. We both look up at the jet-black sky and gaze at the flickering stars. The trees rustle, blowing a slight breeze towards us. I feel a chill, shivering down my spine. Zach seems to notice, and holds my hand tighter. Once again his eyes can see into my soul. 

"It's getting a bit cold, and late, so should we get going?" Zach asks me

"Sure, but I don't really feel like going home since no one is there" My parents are out with my brother Jamie, and I hate being in a quiet house.

"How 'bout I stay for a bit?" Zach says, glancing at me. 

"I'd like that," I say with a cheeky smile on the edge of my lips. Zach untangles our hands then stands up. Brushing his hands on his jeans, then offering to help me up. I place my hand on his, he clasps it then pulls me up and I go flying right into his arms. We give a little laugh, then our lips meet yet again. We start to pack up all of the blankets and pillows, and gather the luminous lanterns that are swaying from the gust of air. We silently walk down the path covered in a carpet of leaves that leads back to my house

We got to my backyard, still holding hands we glance at each other, grin, then walk inside. I walk to the fireplace and switch it on. Zach found his way to the living room and made himself comfortable on our luxurious couch with some buttery popcorn, and me not far behind. I snuggle next to him with his arm around my shoulders. He looks down and me then kisses me on the forehead. We turn the TV on.

"Big Bang Theory?" Zach asks 

"Sure, let's just say I'm obsessed..."I admit with a cheeky tone. 

The blazing tongues flare in the background, enveloping the room in a deep orange glow. Which by the way, makes watching a TV show way more romantic. Although, finding myself fall asleep on his shoulder..? Maybe a bit too comfortable. But I would definitely chose Zach's shoulder over anyone else's. 

I mean ... I think I love him.