Chapter 1: Yasmin

I was walking on a path and suddenly a magical scene appeared in from of me. A burst of colours filled the air as flowers of different shapes and sizes most of which had bloomed came into view. Red, yellow, blue I counted. Each petal was intricately designed, a testament of Allah's divine creation.
I closed my eyes and inhaled deeply as the smell seemed to calm me down before reaching to pick up a rose that had caught my eye.
Suddenly I heard a sharp noise. I turned around, looking to see where the sound was coming from when the noise became prominent.

*ring* *ring*

I sharply inhaled as I woke up, looked around and noticed that my phone was ringing. I grumbled and picked it up without looking at the caller's name.

"Hello" I groaned.
"Yasmin, are you sleeping?" a voice I recognized immediately asked.
"Mtseew" I hissed. "wai Maryam why are you like this ne. It's not like you won't see me today"

Maryam the annoying person on the phone is my best friend whom I've been friends with since university.
I can clearly remember the day we met. I was late for my anatomy class and was rushing to the class when suddenly I bumped into someone and we both fell to the floor. I don't know if it was the heat of the moment or the shocked looks on our faces but we just bursted out into laughter. Surprisingly, she was also late for the anatomy class so ever since we became friends.

"Ke Yasmin"

"Na'am(Yes)"

"I've been calling your name for the past two minutes "

"Drama Queen, what is it?"

"Wallahi baba has been asking me whether you're coming in today or not."

"My alarm was meant to ring in thirty minutes. Let me just get ready."

"Bye madam"

"Bye" I answered before disconnecting the call.

I showered and got ready in 15 minutes before standing in front of the mirror.

Labcoat: check
Shoes: check
Hijab: looks okay!
I.D: check

I ran down and saw mama preparing breakfast.

"Ina kwana mama(Morning Mama)" i pecked her on the cheek.

"Lafiya kalau Yasmin, har kin sauko?(Morning, you're down already?)"

"Eh wai baba yana nema na(yeah baba is looking for me)"

"Ohh wannan tsoho da rigima(the old man loves trouble)" she laughed. I laughed and I proceeded to eat.

I heard footsteps and turned around to see Daddy and Jamal coming down the stairs. I bent down and greeted Daddy "Ina kwana daddy(Morning Daddy)"
"Lafiya kalau Mamana, har an tashi ne(Morning, are you up already?)"
"eh wallahi(Yes I am)"
"Hey twinny" Jamal said while hugging me.
Jamal is my twin brother and also my only sibling.

"Eww you stink, are you sure you've showered " I said pulling away from the hug.  

He snickered at me and proceeded to eat off my plate. Daddy laughed and shook his head.

When i was done eating i took the plate to the sink, washed it and took my car keys.

"Natafi(I'm leaving)" i said

"Kigaida baba (my regards to baba)" Mama said while hugging me

"Allah ya bada sa'a(Goodluck). Drive safely" Daddy said.

I waved to them and left for the hospital.