Chapter 8

The next few days passed away quickly. Finally, it’s Friday. School has been great so far. My friends are cool and they like me, we have fun. Noah and I have become best friends. I know it’s too soon to say but, it’s true. We understand each other so well, it’s unreal. Today is the day of the clash for quarter finals but, people are more excited about the after match party at Noah’s place.

Rachel, Amber and I went for shopping yesterday. I bought a cute black dress. It has a v-neck with short sleeves and has a red color belt around the waist. I am so excited to wear that dress today. Rachel and Amber made me buy red color pumps. They are gorgeous no doubt but, I never wear high heels. They are uncomfortable.

I reached my locker and was stuffing it with books, when a hand went around my shoulder. It was Noah. I could tell by the tingles. He smelled so good. I looked up at him and smiled. He was tall around 6 feet 2 inches and I was just 5 foot 4. He was looking at me with a small smile on his face. I closed my locker door and turned around.

“Are you coming for the game?” He asked nervously. I smiled. He was nervous about the game. The team they were playing against was strong and was undefeated.

“I am coming. You have asked me this like for the 100th time.” I said smiling at him. He let out a sigh of relief. He had asked me to this game already four times today.

He ran his hand through his hair. “ Ya I know.” He said looking away from me uncomfortably. Why is he so stressed? He is good player. He trains really hard and is the captain of the school team.

“Don’t worry you are going to do well. Just relax.” I said easily. “You are really good. The team has trained well. You guys will surely win.” I said honestly. He relaxed a little but was still rubbing the back of his neck which meant he was still nervous.

He looked at me intently. I got trapped in his beautiful blue eyes. “You think so?” he asked quietly bringing me back to reality.

“I know so.” I said smiling at him. That sounded kind of cheesy but it was true. I believed in him, little more than necessary. I had known him just for two weeks. But, I couldn’t just help myself when it came to him.

He nodded and smiled. “Will you wear my number?” he asked. What number? Oh the jersey with his number on it but, isn’t it suppose to be a girlfriend job.

“You want me wear it? Aren’t girlfriends supposed to wear them?” I asked quietly crossing my arms over my chest looking at him.

“Yeah it is but, I don’t have a girlfriend. Beside, it’s more like the number one fan. You could be my number 1 fan. Please.” He said looking at me pleadingly. He was making a puppy dog face. He looked so cute, I couldn’t say no.

I smiled when he didn’t give up. He was looking at me with that face, waiting for me to agree. Let him wait. “Ok fine I will wear it. Now you can stop.” I said laughing at his expression.

He composed himself and smiled. “No one can resist my charm.” He said winking at me. He had to say something like this, typical Noah.